Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the last thing I need help with is the performance aspect of my Nismo. With my Jeeps I also stuck w/ the Hypertech however Nissans Trucks seem to have better options. So I am looking or opinions and experiences between the Cortex and the Bulldog GT. Who gives the most power, MPG, and pretty much just the best overall performance and bang for the buck. I know pushing up to my 33's will need some assistance to regain the powerloss. So w/ the intake (NISMO to keep it w/ the theme), possible cat back or y-pipe peope seem to be getting some power from and finally the Tuner to make everything do what it needs. I see alot of people saying they are getting great results running the 87 oct tune but even now I put premium in my truck assuming the higher oct would make it run better, cleaner, and better for the engine. Looks like I may be wrong. Sorry for the babble. Its just the last phase of purchasing I need to decide on.
*************AS ALWAYS THANK YOU EVERYONE****************

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
This topic as been discussed countless times. As far as plug and play tuners are concerned (i.e. Superchips, Bullydog, and Hypertech), they are all going to give you pretty much the same power gains. If all you plan on doing is an intake and exhaust to help you get back some power lost by adding larger tires, any of these will work fine for you. Just pick the one that has the bells and whistles you like. If you want something more just do a quick search for Uprev. Really, if you need any more info on this subject a quick search will provide you with tons of information.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you guys, thats all i really needed to hear. I have read about 10 different threads that pretty much all just said what u guys did . Its pretty much the looks of the I guys and the power, tuning,mpg, all seem realativly the same. but your right I guess I ll just pick the one I think that look the best in my interior. With the custom bottom dash piece I have being fabbed up i might just go Cortex so it will mount nicley w/ it one 1 side of an 7" LCD screen and the ipod on the other. Thanks again...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts