Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I was gonna try the 4600s but I couldn't find them for the lift. So I can't tell you what the difference between the two would be. If I could drop the tires down to about 25psi it would probably help but wouldn't last long I'm sure.
I think 4x4 parts has 4600s for use with lift, I'm almost positive I saw them somewhere. The thing that gets me tho is the 5100s I ordered are supposed to work with a 3" lift, but they were almost the exact length compressed and uncompressed as the cheap a$$ Excel-G shocks I have. I figured there would be some additional length there, and even hassled their customer service about whether I got the correct thing, but as the old man says, "I guess that's what I get for doin my own thinkin!"

·
Registered
122 Posts
I think 4x4 parts has 4600s for use with lift, I'm almost positive I saw them somewhere. The thing that gets me tho is the 5100s I ordered are supposed to work with a 3" lift, but they were almost the exact length compressed and uncompressed as the cheap a$$ Excel-G shocks I have. I figured there would be some additional length there, and even hassled their customer service about whether I got the correct thing, but as the old man says, "I guess that's what I get for doin my own thinkin!"
Maybe but I couldn't seem to figure them out on there and Bilstein didn't list them on their website for the lift. Everyone is pretty hush hush on their part numbers. I guess so you can't go find them elsewhere.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Maybe but I couldn't seem to figure them out on there and Bilstein didn't list them on their website for the lift. Everyone is pretty hush hush on their part numbers. I guess so you can't go find them elsewhere.
Right! I was trying to find the part number for the ones I got or find info on them from bilstein and NADA! Trying to see if there was any difference between the 'lift' and 'non-lift' versions, but I guess we just get to trial and error and help each other...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Right! I was trying to find the part number for the ones I got or find info on them from bilstein and NADA! Trying to see if there was any difference between the 'lift' and 'non-lift' versions, but I guess we just get to trial and error and help each other...
That's why we are here. This is a great forum, it's been a great help to me and I'm trying to share to help others when I can.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts