Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally going order the Nismo exhaust tonight. The best place I found was thenismoshop at 601 shipped. My 2 local dealers are way over that at 700+ with tax. Anyone have a better place?

Also, I never got a chance to hear a Frontier with any exhaust in person but i'm really hoping I like it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am finally going order the Nismo exhaust tonight. The best place I found was thenismoshop at 601 shipped. My 2 local dealers are way over that at 700+ with tax. Anyone have a better place?

Also, I never got a chance to hear a Frontier with any exhaust in person but i'm really hoping I like it.
If you're married don't get it...your wife will never drive it!!

The nismoshop is the place to get it if you want to go for it. I have a volant cai with mine - sounds awesome when you want it to, pain in the *** when you don't. Depends upon what you like. I've had mine for ~7k miles - get's better as you go. I have noticed increases in mpg & power.

It does have a slight drone when under acceleration but when you're cruising @ 60-70mph it's somewhat quiet. Definitely not ricey though. They've got some sound clips / video on this forum - search around and you'll find something.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My girlfriend can't drive a manual so that's taken care of :)
I have heard some sound clips but it's hard to tell on the computer. I really hope it sounds good, I have been putting it off for along time hoping to run into to somebody with an exhaust but no luck. It would be nice to have a V8 so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
have you given any thought to the jardene(SP?) exhaust? several guys on here have it and its a lot cheaper than that.
I have read about a few and it the Nismo seems to be the way to go with. I want something that will last threw the winters too.

·
Registered
602 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=326_231&products_id=3085

quick question is that the same thing you got not being the long bed but the rest of it

also is that the cheapest around just wondering also looking into an exhaust trying to decide what i want
That exhausts is for an 03-04. I'm not sure what the cheapest is. I read some good things about the Nismo and being in PA I wanted a stainless exhaust.

This is for the 05+ https://www.4x4parts.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=326_231&products_id=5235

·
Registered
91 Posts
Enjoy it! I know I did - especially after it took me 14 hours to install it...12 of which was pulling the old one off. I didn't have the proper tools though (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!)

I love the sound when getting on it. I don't know how the nismo Cai is, but the volant has a great note to it and compliments the exhaust nicely.

Got the exhaust on its way and should be on the truck Monday. I hope it's a nice match with the intake.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, got the exhaust on. Under normal driving it's fine but i'm not sure what to think about it under wot. Let's just say I won't be bragging about it or revving it up around anyone. :laugh:

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Well, got the exhaust on. Under normal driving it's fine but i'm not sure what to think about it under wot. Let's just say I won't be bragging about it or revving it up around anyone. :laugh:
The sound is alittle on the weak side IMO. Do you have any sound clips ??

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
No, I don't. Just got it on today. Thinking I should have waited until I have a V8 to put an exhaust on.
Na your fine, actually think about getting some OBX Headers. Then an AEM bruteforce intake. For some freeier flowing & a better sound. I know there's tons of combo's you can do.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Na your fine, actually think about getting some OBX Headers. Then an AEM bruteforce intake. For some freeier flowing & a better sound. I know there's tons of combo's you can do.

I won't be going that far with headers. I already have the Nismo intake which I am happy with. Like I said, I can live with the exhaust under normal driving. I am not sure how many more years I will have the truck so I don't want to go crazy with mods because the truck is never worth anymore with them. If anything it's worth less.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I won't be going that far with headers. I already have the Nismo intake which I am happy with. Like I said, I can live with the exhaust under normal driving. I am not sure how many more years I will have the truck so I don't want to go crazy with mods because the truck is never worth anymore with them. If anything it's worth less.
Oh man, didnt relize you had that already my bad. I never read people's sigs anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts