Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks,
I just got my new-to-me 2013 Pro-4X. I'm planning on adding bunch of interior and exterior accessories and would like to pick your brain on where shall I get them.

Here is the list I'm working on:

BODY SIDE MOLDING (K23 - BRILLIANT SILVER) 999G2-BYK23C1
BODY SIDE MOLDING (K23 - BRILLIANT SILVER) 999G2-BYK23C2
2005-2015 FRONTIER CREW CAB STEP RAILS 999T6-BR007
TOW HARNESS - 7-PIN 999T8-BR020
TOW HITCH RECEIVER, CLASS IV 999T5-BY500
ALL SEASON FLOOR MATS 999E1-BX001BK
NISMO LICENSE PLATE AND VALVE STEM COMBO 999MB-AX001

What do you recommend, online or local? If Online, which vendor you would recommend?

Thank you!>:D

·
Registered
231 Posts
IMO, the best place to order from a dealer online is Courtesy Nissan in Richardson Texas. As far as resellers such as parts websites and amazon, etc... I'm not real sure.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I second Courtesy Nissan for OEM parts. My wife works at a dealer and with our discount it's usually the same price as Courtesy. Shipping is quick, but a little on the high side at times.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hello Folks,
I just got my new-to-me 2013 Pro-4X. I'm planning on adding bunch of interior and exterior accessories and would like to pick your brain on where shall I get them.

Here is the list I'm working on:

BODY SIDE MOLDING (K23 - BRILLIANT SILVER) 999G2-BYK23C1
BODY SIDE MOLDING (K23 - BRILLIANT SILVER) 999G2-BYK23C2
2005-2015 FRONTIER CREW CAB STEP RAILS 999T6-BR007
TOW HARNESS - 7-PIN 999T8-BR020
TOW HITCH RECEIVER, CLASS IV 999T5-BY500
ALL SEASON FLOOR MATS 999E1-BX001BK
NISMO LICENSE PLATE AND VALVE STEM COMBO 999MB-AX001

What do you recommend, online or local? If Online, which vendor you would recommend?

Thank you!>:D
Here is a tip. I'm not saying don't order from one of the recommended dealers. But Amazon.com is a very easy way to do a price comparison, particularly when you already know the part numbers like you do. For example, if you search on Amazon for 999T6-BR007 (the side step rails) it will take you right to it. In my case as a Prime member, i'd get free shipping on them too so factor that in if it applies to you.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
IMO, the best place to order from a dealer online is Courtesy Nissan in Richardson Texas. As far as resellers such as parts websites and amazon, etc... I'm not real sure.
Another recommendation for Courtesy Nissan .... I have found them great to deal with

·
Registered
185 Posts
And if you look here you can probably find some of what you want. For example, I've got a brand new set of the all weather floor mats out of mine. I got a set of weathertechs for Father's Day, so these are just sitting around.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
How about getting rough prices from the web and going to your local dealer and make friends in the parts department. Try telling them you'd prefer to deal locally and support them but you have prices that they need to match or beat. I'm sure you can make it worth your while trying.

Clint

·
Premium Member
6,461 Posts
I've scored some OEM & aftermarket parts at great prices right here at CF. Yes, I'm a CF addict and generally log-in at least 2x/day. Most parts are first come/served...so timing is essentially everything when it comes to pulling the trigger.

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
5th thumbs up for Courtesy Nissan... although now I'm comparing between them and WorldNissanParts for some small stuff haha

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
Nobody uses their dealer? Mine gives me great prices and every so often the parts manager puts it through as an employee sale and his name and home address is on the receipt.
I've been buying my nissans and my parts there for 21 years.

Clint

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Nobody uses their dealer? Mine gives me great prices and every so often the parts manager puts it through as an employee sale and his name and home address is on the receipt.
I've been buying my nissans and my parts there for 21 years.

Clint
Depends which dealer and where you're at... the two Nissan dealers near me are 50/50 depending on what part I'm asking for, sometimes the total out-the-door price is less, but most of the time the total is more than ordering from Courtesy even after shipping is added.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
Thanks for responding, why not print out Courtesy's price and go to your dealer they all buy their parts from Nissan so the markup is what's different and should be adjustable by them. I usually get an average of a 25% discount. Courtesy Nissan is a fine store I'm just offering a local suggestion.

Clint

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Thanks for responding, why not print out Courtesy's price and go to your dealer they all buy their parts from Nissan so the markup is what's different and should be adjustable by them. I usually get an average of a 25% discount. Courtesy Nissan is a fine store I'm just offering a local suggestion.

Clint
Oh trust me - I tried that method too haha: I brought in a printout from the Courtesy website showing the grand total price of the lower center console piece (including shipping), the guy at West Covina Nissan (yeah, I'll name them, I don't care) said (true story below):

me: "can you match this price from Courtesy Nissan?"

parts guy: "well... yeah... I can match that - but I have to add tax"

me: "...sooo you're not matching it, I'm still paying more out the door."

parts guy: "no I'm matching it, that price doesn't include tax."

me: "...they're in Texas. We're not."

parts guy: "Texas has tax too."

... really? LOL after the last comment, I just gave him that "think about what you just said" look and then excused myself from the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
10,778 Posts
Come on, the sale must be taxed as you're in that state. What you were asking him was to sell for a few percent less due to sales tax difference but still even out on price.
One of these days all online sales will have our local sales taxes included then you'll think differently. Thanks for your input on the topic, I like to see others ideas.

Clint

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
Come on, the sale must be taxed as you're in that state.Clint
Exactly... LOL that's why I just left, it was obvious the guy at the counter was either A. thinking I did not have any clue about the concept of in-state purchase tax vs. out-of-state purchases; or B. he had no clue.

The answer is B ::wink::

·
Registered
254 Posts
How about getting rough prices from the web and going to your local dealer and make friends in the parts department. Try telling them you'd prefer to deal locally and support them but you have prices that they need to match or beat. I'm sure you can make it worth your while trying.

Clint
I second what Clint said. The parts dealer here at Brenner has been phenomenal. He matches the prices for me right off of Courtesy Nissan's website. Then I don't I have to pay shipping. The guys at the dealerships aren't all crooks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Hello All,
Thank you for all your replies! They are really helpful. I spent some time digging around the websites you recommended and also my local dealer's parts department. Here is what I have as a research result:

Courtesy Nissan parts site:
Parts: 703.75
Shipping: 52.78 (Not bad)
25% Promo Code: -175.94 (this is amazing)
Tax: 0
Total: 580.59

World OEM Parts site:
Parts: 647.45 (Very good price)
Shipping: 159.31 (This kills it)
Tax: 0
Total: 806.76

My local dealer in CT:
Parts: 724.50 (10% off MSRP)
Shipping: 0
15% Promo: -108.68
Tax: 39.10
Total: 654.92(Plus is I can pick up and exchange easily)

Looks like we have a winner! >:D

·
Premium Member
6,225 Posts
I second what Clint said. The parts dealer here at Brenner has been phenomenal. He matches the prices for me right off of Courtesy Nissan's website. Then I don't I have to pay shipping. The guys at the dealerships aren't all crooks.
Like I said, depends on what dealer and where you're at ::wink::

How is the service with Courtesy Nissan? That's my biggest fear ordering from an online vendor.
Customer service is excellent. I've ordered a lot of stuff from them over the last 3 years or so. If you email a question they get back within 24 hours... if you order, make sure you enter your VIN. One time I ordered a center console part but it was the earlier version, but because I gave my VIN during order they took the refund no questions asked.

EDIT: They're actually a dealership in Texas, not an online-only type of shop.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts