Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4x4
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best lift size-wise for me to get bigger tires underneath my stock four-wheel drive

·
Registered
675 Posts
What is the best lift size-wise for me to get bigger tires underneath my stock four-wheel drive

Theres also an entire forum subsection dedicated to suspension.

Reactions: Wheel and raine

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
That would be dependent on the tire size .
You also mentioned best stance.
That would depend on the owner's preference.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I guess I'm just looking for it to look like a 4x4. What is the biggest tire I can run with no modifications?

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
265/75/16-17 will fit a stock truck.

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
same.

·
Registered
869 Posts
My bad I have 265/65 17 now. Would there be a noticeable difference between those and and the 265/75 17s?
I could be wrong but I dont think any of tire manufactures make a 265/75-17.
Are you sure you dont have 16" wheels/rims ?
If you have 17" rims/wheels you must have aftermarket rims/wheel or stock OEM 17"'s off an old Pathfinder

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
You are probably right.
A mud terrain will fit and will look a lot more aggressive.
That is what I used till recently.
AFEEE850-43A4-4B82-B419-38E88153AEB8.jpeg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate you taking your time to answer my stupid questions this is my first Frontier and I have a really messed around too much with four-wheel drive so it's learning experience for me I don't want to put some crazy big lift on it but I don't want to have tires that rub

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything that I read says that the 05 Frontier Le trim model came with 17in wheels and 265 65 rubber
I appreciate you taking your time to answer my stupid questions this is my first Frontier and I have a really messed around too much with four-wheel drive so it's learning experience for me I don't want to put some crazy big lift on it but I don't want to have tires that rub

·
Registered
163 Posts
I run the stock size tires on my pro-4x. It’s a 4x4, so that’s what a 4x4 looks like. It takes quite a bit to fit bigger tires, so unless you really need the extra inch of ground clearance, I don’t think it’s worth it. Besides, it’s very capable with stock size tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Great truck
676 Posts
I normally ran very close to stock on my jeeps, for that exact reason, the vehicles are very good stock so no reason to lift, other than looks.

I have had lifted vehicles but you spend so much fixing the issues the lift cause that it makes it a head ache.

I had a Cherokee with a 6" and it took control arms and control arm drops, adjustable track bars, shims for the rear axle and transfer case. What a pain and all it let me do was properly run 31s so I could go through stuff I went through stock and a little deeper water fording.

No more lifts for me. I don't do Moab or anything like that and I don't drive on the beach or through mud so stock works fine.

Shoot, my truck is two wheel drive now, that's how little I needed 4x4

·
Registered
5,868 Posts
Pretty sure Whilster meant 265/75r16 (32"). This is the largest size you can run without rubbing with no mod or with a typical suspension lift. The non pro4x trucks came with 265/70r16 (31"). If your truck came with 17" wheels then drop the aspect ratio down 1 (increments of 5). Or in general one increment for every inch keeps the same overall diameter. 265/70R16 = 265/65R17 = 265/60R18....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts