Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
If you want better lighting THE best way to go about it is to do a full retrofit. All the pieces in the kit are matched to one another & will give you an amazing output. Go to the RetrofitSource.com & check out the kits they have. You can definitely find cheaper kits out there than what they offer, BUT when it comes to something as important as your headlights do you really want to go the cheap route?? The old saying of 'you get what you pay for' certainly rings true for headlight equipment. Now, with all that being said they do offer cheap-er kits than their house &/or name brands. Look for a member by the name of Street Sweeper & ask him about his retrofit. He posted a few pics of it in the 'what have you done to your frontier lately' thread & the output is actually really good for it being a "budget retrofit".

If you don't want to or can't shell out the money for a full retrofit that's not a problem either. They have very nice HID kits available as well. I've been running their 9007 Elite kit for the past year or so & have had zero problems with it. I know & understand that putting HIDs in a reflector housing isn't the correct thing to do (I'm working on retrofitting another set). However, if you use good quality parts, aim your lights correctly & don't go crazy with getting some 100 watt system you'll be fine. I very rarely get flashed from on coming traffic, but I thought about that when I bought the system & opted for the 35W kit to help keep that from happening.

Also, as others have mentioned, putting LED bulbs in reflector headlights isn't a great idea. The light scatter they create is MUCH worse than even my HID setup I'm running. There is one good thing about installing a good quality HID kit though & that is when you're ready for your full retrofit the wiring harness, ballasts, & igniters are already in place. So, all you have to do is mount your headlights, check the rotation of the projector, adjust the height, & a few other things & you're good to go.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts