Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who makes the best catback exhaust system on the market for a 05 CC V6? I'd like a catback that is going to sound good, give good low/mid power, be easy to install/remove, and isn't going to cost me alot of $$$.

JBA
Gibson
Banks
MagnaFlow
NISMO

Are there other brands if these aren't good?

I had a MagnaFlow catback on my old Cobra and it sounded great but it was a PITA to install. The sound was really good so that made up for the install.

I've seen the Gibson catback on ebay for $349 with free shipping which sounds like a good deal.

Thanks for all your inputs.

Steven

·
Registered
67 Posts
If you read through the pages of the forum, you'll find that this has been a topic of heavy discussion. To better answer your question, I must first ask a couple: How loud do you want the exhaust to be? Do you want a noticable drone in the cab? Do you mind cutting the pipe, or would you rather use a bolt on system so you can put the factory exhaust back on at your discression? What timeframe are you looking to do this? Each one of these questions will help guide you towards the exhaust best suited for you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't want a loud drone in the cab but a nice deep sounding exhaust. I would rather not cut anything so a 100% bolt on would be best. I'm ready to buy now but right now but will be soon. I've been reading some of the post on here and seems that most are going with Gibson or going to wait for the JBA catback to come out. I think I'm going to wait on the JBA catback as well. Something that I liked about the Mustang world is that there a web site with all types/brands/set ups of exhaust systems that you hear in sound files or short movies. I've only found one new Frontier site that had a short movie of his truck stock and with a Gibson catback. IT sounded good but not 100% thats the sound I'm looking for without having another brand to campare it to.

Steven

1 - 3 of 3 Posts