Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be taking a road trip in a 2000 Honda CR-V sometime this spring. It's not mine, but I know that it's equipped with a factory CD Player/Cassette Deck/AM/FM Radio.

If I want to burn some audio CDs to listen to, what file format should I choose for this 17 Year Old player? I'll not be able to experiment with the car's player prior to the trip.

I'm guessing .WMA would be my best shot? Thanks.

(P.S. - I can still easily crank out cassette tapes if I must! ::smile::)

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'll be taking a road trip in a 2000 Honda CR-V sometime this spring. It's not mine, but I know that it's equipped with a factory CD Player/Cassette Deck/AM/FM Radio.

If I want to burn some audio CDs to listen to, what file format should I choose for this 17 Year Old player? I'll not be able to experiment with the car's player prior to the trip.

I'm guessing .WMA would be my best shot? Thanks.

(P.S. - I can still easily crank out cassette tapes if I must! ::smile::)
I say forget burning CD's and get this

·
Registered
235 Posts
If it'll play CD-ROM anything will work. AAC, WMA, MP3, FLAC. If it's just CD (like old school 74 minute audio CD) you'll have to burn them. Or just buy a bunch of gas station CDs.

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I'll probably avoid MP3 format wasn't commercially available in 1990. Interestingly, the Clarion CX501 (circa 2010) in my Frontier will play only MP3 and WMA formats.

·
Admin
3,406 Posts
I'm pretty sure the factory deck I had in my 02 Toyota could only play old school audio cds and also had no audio input. I started burning old school cds from my computer mp3s then found it easier to just use to one of these cassette tape adapters from my phone.

Unless you can test (or are able to look up the unit online somehow before hand) I would play it safe, with old school c.d.s., or get the cassette adapter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts