Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys say was the best performance mod for the buck If you could only have one to choose from and why. CAI, EXHAUST, CHIP, and so on

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
superchips - remove wot restriction

·
Registered
770 Posts
2* timing advance for free. I told my dealer that I had to run 93 octane to get rid of pinging, which was true. Then asked if they could advance the timing since I was already running premium, they did it.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Best bang for buck is Tune, but you need to have other mods before you do the tune unless you want to stay stock...But even staying stock and tuning will still help out a lot!

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
I'd have to go with a Tune(r)... the WOT difference is night and day!
Some guys sell them used(they don't wear out) so great deals are out there.

G/L.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Exhaust is the best first mod. You will get more power, better MPG, and you will have something to show for it. If you get a chip (which is still a VERY good mod to get) you will have more power and better MPG's, but you will sound the same. If you get an exhaust you will have the deep power sound.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Intake. Its easy enough you can do it yourself, you'll notice gains the first time you drive it, and it will make your engine rev sound a lot better. It will also will save you money in the long run from buying new air filters every 5K or so, they vary in price a lot as well depending on what you want, i've seen them from $60 to $400 for the frontys

1 - 11 of 11 Posts