Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't do much offroading, occasionally ill play in some small puddles and do a little running down dirt roads, maybe hit up Ocala dirt and sand a bit.
What would be the most cost effective way to lift 2.5/1.5 while offering, not necessarily the best, but good handling and suspension characteristics?
Is there a 1.5" AAL? I have seen a 2" and 2.5", saw mention of a 1.5" but don't remember where.
What would be the best bet for raising the front?

I wanted to stay away from the spacer/shackle/block if I could. My rear leaf is flat enough and CB contact doesn't sound like something I could tolerate.

On the other hand, I am interested in hearing different opinions. If you want to suggest a simple spacer/shackle/block lift, feel free!

Appreciate any advice here. I have always lowered vehicles, raising one (at least this Frontier) is seeming more like a chore to shop around for parts and confusing the hell out of me.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
3 months and not one coil bucket contact with my ReadyLift. bumpstops make all the difference

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
3 months and not one coil bucket contact with my ReadyLift. bumpstops make all the difference
I like the way your truck looks. Are you happy with the readylift kit? Anything you wish you could have changed with it?
I noticed you haul an ATV, any negatives with the shackles and the OEM leaf springs with that kind of weight in the bed? I'll be hauling an ATV around by the end of the month so this is an important factor.

·
Registered
839 Posts
For the front a spacer would work, but you'll be restricted on travel. The adjustable bilsteins are probably our best bet, they're supposed to max out at 2.5"
Bilstein - KYB - Rancho - Monroe - Edelbrock Automotive Truck Shocks and Struts - Shockwarehouse.com

For 1.5" in the rear, you could always try replacing the overload leaf with the bottom leaf off of an xterra, that might give you just the right amount. The only options i've seen for rear leaf lifts is 2 and 3 inches. Probably good to keep a little bit of the rake anyways, should sit even when you've got a bit of weight in it

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Yes...Very happy with the lift. The ATV is only a couple hundred pounds and it barely affects the suspension. To me it rides better than stock. Next step is larger tires. Im still running the stock 265/75/16s. The kit costs more but im glad I spent it.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For the front a spacer would work, but you'll be restricted on travel. The adjustable bilsteins are probably our best bet, they're supposed to max out at 2.5"
Bilstein - KYB - Rancho - Monroe - Edelbrock Automotive Truck Shocks and Struts - Shockwarehouse.com

For 1.5" in the rear, you could always try replacing the overload leaf with the bottom leaf off of an xterra, that might give you just the right amount. The only options i've seen for rear leaf lifts is 2 and 3 inches. Probably good to keep a little bit of the rake anyways, should sit even when you've got a bit of weight in it
Is there an increased harshness in the ride of the bilsteins if set for max lift?
If I could do 2.5" in front I guess doing the 2" AAL and having about 1/2" of rake wouldn't ruin my day.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
I totally agree with VoodooSaint. Don't wast your money on spacers. Plus your truck is 4 years old so you could benefit from new shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I totally agree with VoodooSaint. Don't wast your money on spacers. Plus your truck is 4 years old so you could benefit from new shocks.
Only 25,xxx miles on the truck, regardless I don't mind spending the cash to upgrade the shocks.
My question though, do the bilsteins ride rough when set for max lift?

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
was that from someone that actually used them or they heard the ride is ***?

·
Registered
704 Posts
sounds like readylift wins this vote,do they have a web site?think i saw one on e bay???
329.00 watch the video ,just about sold me if i had the money

·
Registered
151 Posts
get the bilstiens. i had them on a 2008 tacoma and i liked them. im going to get them for my frontier. i had them set at 1.75" and the ride was fine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a question. I like the way the ready lift looks but would this affect my Nismo in a bad way? The website says it will lift the front of a nismo more.

·
Premium Member
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Who sells a 1.5" spacer?
ADF

I have a question. I like the way the ready lift looks but would this affect my Nismo in a bad way? The website says it will lift the front of a nismo more.
SDHarleydad posted on page 1 of this thread, he has a PRO-4X with the readylift kit.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts