Nissan Frontier Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
I don't want to get too excited, but I think we have stumbled upon the answer! Certified Transmissions in Utah states in the remarks section of this video that "Our heavy-duty aftermarket replacement radiator that is guaranteed not to break like the factory radiator is available for $421.06, plus S&H, and sales tax if sold in Utah." I may be replacing my Spectra.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I don't want to get too excited, but I think we have stumbled upon the answer! Certified Transmissions in Utah states in the remarks section of this video that "Our heavy-duty aftermarket replacement radiator that is guaranteed not to break like the factory radiator is available for $421.06, plus S&H, and sales tax if sold in Utah." I may be replacing my Spectra.
I started a new thread on this in general discussions.

Hopefully we can get it stickied.

·
Registered
43 Posts
^Not just Spectra. That's just the one that I decided to go with. If you look on the RockAuto site, they sell a few different brands. Lots of research!
Texasims - any issues with your Spectra? How many miles have you had on it? TIA

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
I run a CSF aluminum radiator with electric fans and custom shrouding.
Overkill for stock trucks.
In my opinion, best iis made by Russ Davis but none are specific for the Frontier.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I run a CSF aluminum radiator with electric fans and custom shrouding.
Overkill for stock trucks.
In my opinion, best iis made by Russ Davis but none are specific for the Frontier. View attachment 310230
Thanks Whistler - I was hesitant about CSF when I saw this on Offroadgorilla.com, but maybe ours is a different part number?

·
Registered
4,643 Posts
Not sure but had no problems so far. Although on the NORRA race, we had to have fans running full time. Still have not checked it out. Thinking it was a sensor problem.
Also , the fan clutch let go before and hit the radiator. Had pressure checked. Was ok.
Like I mentioned, custom shrouding may of helped.
Darn! Hate to have heard that.
Russ Davis or Griffin.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
I've only heard of two problem with the all-aluminum, CSF radiators. One was a leak at the neck on someone who got one of the first ones available. The other issue is that they come with a vented radiator cap on them, which those familiar with the VQ40DE engine know, the stock radiator cap isn't a vented cap. So, either the factory cap has to be modified a little to fit, or, the thermal spring has to be cut-off of the CSF cap.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts