Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm just curious what aftermarket radiator everyone is using to replace the OEM one. I am going to switch mine out eventually before the warranty runs out to prevent the dreaded coolant/ATF mixture.

So, what is the best aftermarket radiator for our trucks? I have a 2010 V6 Auto.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Subscribed!

My 06 truck is nearing the 80K limit for the warranty. So as soon as i hit that im changing out the rad. I to am looking for a good aftermarket one.

·
Registered
877 Posts
I've asked this question a couple of times myself. No one has given me a solid answer. Looking to replace my friends 08.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Subscribed!

My 06 truck is nearing the 80K limit for the warranty. So as soon as i hit that im changing out the rad. I to am looking for a good aftermarket one.
Just a heads up: The extended warranty has been...extended? lol, to 10 years/100,000 miles. I received a letter from Nissan earlier this week.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
it has been extended if you want to spend a couple grand - read the fine print

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
it has been extended if you want to spend a couple grand - read the fine print
Son of a gun. Yup...

I sold the truck it applies to a few months ago so when I got the letter I didn't bother looking into it at all. I just read the paragraph that says "Nissan is pleased to announce..blah blah blah..."

·
Registered
622 Posts
Griffin makes a really solid aftermarket rad for our trucks. A little pricey but you get what you pay for. Search "Griffin radiator" on here. There is a thread pertaining to this.

Steve Benecke
Amsoil Independent Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/code3synthetics

·
Registered
1,355 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I put in a Griffin with dual Spal e-fans. Also put in a Nismo 350z tstat, and have not had any cooling issues, even when hauling a$$ in the desert. The radiator was about $900 with the fans, and its a direct replacement.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Is this the frontiers version of the Dana rear end that had plagued the Titan?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
^ what?

The radiator issue has nothing to do with the rear end. The plastic end caps of the radiator crack and cross contamination between the rad fluid and ATF happens causing the strawberry milkshake of death.

I think the guys name at Griffin is Benjy if I recall correctly.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I was speaking in terms of the thing that we have to worry about happening at some point.

I guess we have the timing chain issue as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
I gotcha now...

But the radiator issue was pretty much resolved 2007 and later. I have an 2006 and had no problems for 60k miles before I crushed mine in a wreck.

·
Registered
805 Posts
I gotcha now...

But the radiator issue was pretty much resolved 2007 and later. I have an 2006 and had no problems for 60k miles before I crushed mine in a wreck.
The suspect radiators were not changed until 2010.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts