1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
I had a foldable lcd screen mounted on the dash tray right above the stereo. I'd recommend the CCD style back up cams which work great at night.

Below are a few (Amazon) that have worked going on 4 years now with no issues and don't break the bank. Works great with my 7" Pioneer after ditching the RF system.

Truck

Esky EC180-19 (newest version) - $25

Backup Camera Monitor, Esky Foldable 4.3 Inch LCD TFT High Definition Screen for Rear View Camera ($22)

Wife's car - clip on mirror with LCD

Waterproof Backup Camera and Monitor kit,4.3 inch Backup Camera & Rear View Monitor Reversing Parking Mirror Reverse System + LED Night Vision Cam,Tft-lcd Rearview Parking Monitor Assembly ($40)

AUTO-VOX HD Car Rear View Backup Camera Waterproof License Plate Camera Reverse Parking Monitor Kit with Wide Angle for Truck&RV ($26)

·
Registered
626 Posts
I picked up an Autovox kit a month or two ago, install was easy, works completely as advertised. The camera it came with is their standard Cam1, IP68 rating, 6 IR LED's, image is pretty darn clear during the day, little grainy at night, very usable though. Has been rained on once and washed with a hose a few times now without issue.

Here is the camera I got with my kit.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
remember his 2011 pro-4x doesnt have a screen, and his radio is connected to the AC system this is why he is looking at the mirror option. He doesnt want to put an aftermarket system and deal wit hthe stock amplifier.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I put a rearview safety cam on my NV2500 and I really like it. I bought another for my trailer and now it plug in and is great while towing. Very well built product, very good CS

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
$249 way too much, you can get a monitor/rear camera combo on Amazon or eBay for much less.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Gotta agree, that seems outrageous, although I guess if he also needs to upgrade his mirror (to add comp, temp, homelink, or whatever) it might make more sense.

My backup camera works well but is one of those cheaper Amazon ones, wired to an in-stereo display. Before that I just had the little monitor that came with the camera stuck on the dash, but that was pretty ugly.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
I also bought one of these, and it was super easy to remove the other mirror and pop this one on the metal clip alreadt glued to my winshield
then run power to the mirror and run the "line in" down to the kick panel then plug the camera in there, the mirror is auto sensing and knows when the signal is sent from the camera

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also bought one of these, and it was super easy to remove the other mirror and pop this one on the metal clip alreadt glued to my winshield
then run power to the mirror and run the "line in" down to the kick panel then plug the camera in there, the mirror is auto sensing and knows when the signal is sent from the camera

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J863EI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hows it know when its in reverse?

reviews are awesome for it and 130 bucks for everything is great. although he would lose his compass and temp gauge

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Yeah, if you want it all...you gotta pay for it

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 11 of 11 Posts