Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been dealing with a very annoying belt squeaking for quite awhile now. I really haven't paid that much attention to it but its started to get on my nerves. It sounds like its on one area of the belt, as the squeaking can be heard at a certain pace, not constant squeaking. Its really noticeable idling, say at a stop light. I looked at the belts, and they appear in good condition however I am not sure how much play is supposed to be present either.

The truck is an 02 SE Crew Cab, with about 78.000 miles on it. Is there a guide to tightening the belt, or possibly replacing? From what I've heard you don't need to replace it until around 100k.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
105K is aproaching replacement time for the timing belt. Sounds like your problem is a loose accessory belt. The DSM is very specific with belt tolerances, but Roastbeef came up w/a short cut. If I remember right, take hold of the belt and turn it, kinda sideways. It shouldn't turn 90 degrees. Should be somewhere between 45 and 90 degrees. I can dig up the book specs, if you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts