Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of the sudden, when I open the drivers door on my 09 King Cab, after shutting the truck off, it beeps. Beep....Beep....Beep....constantly. If I close the drivers door and open the passengers door, I don't get any beeping. The headlights are off. I put the key in the ignition and it beeps until I turn it to on.

When I went to get in this morning it didn't beep with the door open. When I went to get out after driving to work, once again the same thing happened, constant beep....beep....beep with the drivers door open.

Any ideas? Any switch or anything that will make the truck beep with the door open other than the lights (which if I remember from before is a constant beep)?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Maybe it thinks the key is still in the ignition.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you have the door open, does it beep with the key in the ignition and its turned to off, turned to on acc?

I know it doesn't when the key is turned to on.
If it doesn't beep for you guys on either of those, then that must be it.

How long do you need to pull the negative battery terminal to reset the computer in these trucks? Does it trigger the airbag light and if it does can I shut it off myself?

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
17,536 Posts
a hard reset (pulling the negative) may take care of it but i'm betting it thinks the key is still in the ignition switch as stated above. it should beep when the key is in ignition on position I and II (Acc) but not III (On) or IV (Start)

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
How long do you need to pull the negative battery terminal to reset the computer in these trucks?
Actually to reset the ECU pretty much instantly do this:
1) Take the POSITIVE CABLE off the battery
2) Using a wrench or other conductive piece of metal jump a connection from the POSITIVE CABLE (not the positive battery post) to the negative battery post for a couple of seconds
3) This discharges any capacitors in the loop and the ECU resets pretty much instantly.

If you just disconnect the battery it would probably take over night to discharge the system.

Does it trigger the airbag light and if it does can I shut it off myself?
Should not adversely affect the airbag light or anything else.
I've done this several times myself.

Just follow the directions above and you'll have no problems.

But like Patrick, said I'm not sure that will solve your problem, can't hurt to try though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well it magically went away today. I took a couple trips and it hasn't happened again. Oh well, hopefully it doesn't come back.
Thanks for the help guys!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts