Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
accidentally posted under new member section ( to tire and irk to think last night well )

I not been on in a while ( busy working and such). But I need some help and info.. MY 2007 Nissan Frontier just left us on the side of the road tonight. I been having a fuel gauge issue and ( goes dead whenever I fill it up or at random ( resulting the fuel light coming on saying out of gas and the gauge says empty)
Tonight it was doing this as before , but as I went to accelerate she took off then just stays at 1500rpm. and the Transmission Slip light is on. If i shut the truck off and restart it she will rev up then drop back to idle, I can press the pedal all the way to the floor and only get up to 1500 rpm. I can put it in gear but she just rolls slow ( i can push it that fast and I have Cerebral palsy so that says lot. SO I need to figure out if the fuel pump has gone or if it something more serious.. I need some idea were to look ( if this is a fuse or relay ) My only other possible info I can give is that I had a error saying bank 1 was lean about 2 weeks ago.

other possible helpful info .
v6 4x4 auto transmission
has 210K miles on it. (owned it since 93k ) I have not replaced a fuel pump yet. I hate to do so cause I told about 600-1200 for it all. (plus a tow)

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
I think you have two unrelated troubles. The fuel gauge sending unit and the second trouble your truck is going into safety mode - need to see if any codes have been registered. Have you replaced radiator or bypass mod.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
replaced the radiator about 3 years ago. ( it started to leak between the plastic and metal housing. ) outside that I only had fuel related issues some vent piece on black unit replaced last summer and the gauge has been wonky ever since it gave me that code ( don't know it off top my head) , then when I had it serviced earlier in week it was fine
then last night as i tried to accelerate and then it went into safe mode.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The fuel gauge thing is probably the fuel sending unit as previous poster said.

My fuel gauge started acting funny every once in a while until it finally just stopped working.

This is one of the videos that I referred to in changing the unit:

there is another youtube video that is split into seven short clips:

It kind of shows how the hoses are connected a little bit better than the other video. (although I didn't watch this second set of videos more closely until after I was done)

The hardest part for me, other than trying to loosen the tight/rusted bolts was getting the gas tank back on.

There are a bunch of threads on here about it too. It's a known issue for earlier models and I think Nissan extended the warranty on it that I missed the notice on. But either way I think we're both out of the warranty time anyways for that.

I can't seem to find it right now. But I remember when I first tried searching just for the error code, I think it was P0463, I didn't find as many threads. But later when I did a search for fuel gauge or something more generic, a lot more threads came up. There was one really useful long one. Will see if I can find it later.

Not sure about the other issue. I think some threads before mentioned that an issue with the TPMS sensors might cause the truck to go into "safety mode"? Can't remember for sure.

Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the dealership called , some how the throttle body harness was cut and cause the issues. I will be back on the road again by Tuesday night.

·
Premium Member
6,460 Posts
Rodents?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They didnt say but I guessing either that or possible a piece of debris from road managed to come up and just happen to hit it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts