Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 4x4 crew cab frontier. i don't belive i have stock tires on it. I bought it used so thats probably why. They arn't to bad off road. I just wondered if there are any good maybe beefer off road tires for stock?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
would help if you told us what tires are on it

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
beefier is always better.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,098 Posts
beefier is always better.
Except when it comes to avatar pics.

Back on topic though... Let us know what tires you have now (size and brand) and how much/what kind of off roading you do.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok. well all it says is. sport king a/t, LT24517R16, 120/116Q, M+S

·
Registered
596 Posts
ok. well all it says is. sport king a/t, LT24517R16, 120/116Q, M+S
I'm assuming you meant LT245/70R16 mabey. Check it out again! If so, I would start out by getting a slightly wider tire; like at least a 265/70 series. Check out the wheel and tire thread for some ideas.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry it is 245/75r16 do i have to keep the same r16? i don't know what that means.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
i wish they had those in the size i need. but i'm looking at the toyo open country m/t and the mickey thompson mtz both are what i need 245/75/16 which one do you guys like better?

gosh. i mean 265/75/16 i read thats the largest you can go on stock

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
what I don't get is your current tire size. Assuming your truck is an SE (CC with not roof rack) your stock tire size was 265/70/16. So it seems like either that size or the 265/70/16 (which was std on nismo) is what you should be looking for.

·
Registered
321 Posts
i wish they had those in the size i need. but i'm looking at the toyo open country m/t and the mickey thompson mtz both are what i need 245/75/16 which one do you guys like better?

gosh. i mean 265/75/16 i read thats the largest you can go on stock
Those are both great tires and would be good for a DD.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Those are both great tires and would be good for a DD.
I guess that depends what your daily drive is like, and if you plan to go off road at all. If not I might lean more towards the open country a/t as a solid year round tire, which comes in both the 265/70/16 and the 265/75/16.

If you go with the M/T you will have a much louder and bumpier ride. Same to be said about the Mickey's, look at the ATZ for a smother quieter ride.

"All terrain traction for the grip you need on your weekend adventures, with the smooth ride you want to get you down the road in comfort. Features an extra wide footprint and beefy tread blocks for great all around traction."

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so are they 265 stock? the ones i have on it now are 245 i would love to do the 265 toyo or mickeys. road driving is not to important to me. i will just be around town

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
sorry it is 245/75r16 do i have to keep the same r16? i don't know what that means.
Tire sizes made easy by ffips:

The 245 = 245mm wide -- the area touching the ground.
The 75 = 75% of 245 which is the height of the sidewall (between ground and wheel)
The R16 = size of your rim = 16"

Then there are speed ratings, load ratings, traction ratings and wear ratings. What is listed above is the basic info need for the "will it fit" question.

Now why they mix mm and " is beyond my knowledge, but now you know the basics.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts