Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I apologize, I don't know how to do a build a how to thread, with pictures!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I have done some work on the bed, and wanted to work on the underside, and frame, and wanted to take the bed off. At around that same time I started seeing owners that were having trouble with fuel pumps. Back in the day, I rebuilt a 68 chevy engine, in my grand parents back yard using a chain hoist and a tree limb. I saw no reason why I couldn't use it to (1) take the bed completely off, (2) use the bed tilt to do the fuel pump.... Spent about $75 total. 1 ton hoist, $49, 3/4 ton beam clamp, $12, ratchet straps $10.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I replaced all of the bed mount bolts, (almost all of the bolts have been either replaced or have anti seize, where applicable,on my truck). I will post the rest of the pics with the bed tilted to get to the fuel pump ect. and a video that shows real time, how quick this is. It almost takes me longer to position the truck, than to do the tilt. Less than 10 min. and it's a 1 person deal. 6 bed mount bolts, 4 bolts for the tail lights, 3 screws for the filler cap.

What I was referring to was the nice build threads, that have captions for each pic. I guess I should be glad that I can do any of this, on a computer.

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Well, I wrote a how-to for tilting the bed on my 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, but don't know
...how similar this is to a 1st Generation Frontier, as I haven't had the need to do this on my 1998 or 2004
...how long the photos will show up as they are hosted by the now universally-hated Photobucket.
B2200 Fuel Sender Replacement

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I wrote a how-to for tilting the bed on my 1988 Mazda B2200 truck, but don't know
...how similar this is to a 1st Generation Frontier, as I haven't had the need to do this on my 1998 or 2004
...how long the photos will show up as they are hosted by the now universally-hated Photobucket.
B2200 Fuel Sender Replacement
I just looked at your post, it seems to me it's a little easier on our 1st gens. For instance, there are just 3 screws, holding the fuel filler, that remains intact on the 1st gens.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts