Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2012 Frontier ( 40k miles SL 4WD V6 auto tranny). I think the bed is six feet and it has some rails etc along the sides, behind the cab and two on the bed floor. I might someday consider a tool box but for now don't need to store much besides jumper cables and a few emergency tools. I guess any small plastic tub would work since if stolen, those items aren't a big deal. I would really rather not be putting screws and bolts into that area to secure a true tool box. Wife doesn't want a tonneau cover.

Other than that, what would be the first things you'd be checking on such a truck? I think it's beyond the years that had the transmission fluid/coolant mix problem.

I need to download a manual -- for example, it has these buttons on the rear view mirror that do something ( right now it seems to display the temperature and compass heading fairly well )

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Welcome

I keep the nissan roadside kit under my back seat in the storage buckets nissan provided.
There is enough room under the seats for the basics, maybe behind the seat is possible, but I keep toilet paper, paper towels, and cleaner back there.

That button changes from F to C and turns it off.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Nice Truck.

My 2014 has some storage tubs under the rear seats that would work for jumper cables, gloves, a few tools or other small stuff. You could also get a few spring nuts, something like theses (not sure these are the right size) that you could just bolt a box to the utilirack on the bed floor, then your only drilling into your storage box to mount it.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Fahrenheit to Celsius

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Enjoy your new rig!
You never know what might be in the secret upper glovebox...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I keep jumper cables behind the read seats, they can fit. I also keep a couple blocks of wood (since i lifted and need it for the stock jack).

Under the seats you should be able to keep any tie downs or small amount of emergency tools.

FYI for a tool box look on craigslist. Got mine for $75. They do not screw into the truck, they use J bolts that slid under the bed rail and tighten down with nuts in the tool box, not permanent install but cannot be stolen.

·
Registered
56 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
The radio has three modes, AM, FM, and Satellite. If you plug in an iPod (or similar), it plays through the Satellite mode. Which means you can't switch between Satellite and iPod without unplugging / plugging in the iPod.

Vic

·
Registered
934 Posts
HARD drive

Reactions: 2013Pro4X

·
Registered
6,593 Posts
Who still has a computer with a floppy drive?
I can probably dig one up. At least a drive that I might be able to plug in with some adapters.

HARD drive
True that the 5 and something inch disk were the true floppies. But the plastic 3.5"s were still call floppies, so as not to get confused with the acutal hard drives.

I still remembering my dad bringing home 11, 5" floppy disks to install AutoCAD

·
Registered
565 Posts
It took me about 6 months before I "found" the secret upper glovebox....

My cross box has hooks that go under the lip of the side rails, so no drilling. The weak point was the box itself. I made up some plates, like giant rectangular washers and siliconed them in place inside the box. Some foamy tape stuck to the box, and it hasn't budged in three years so far.

I would guess I have at the about #250 in there all the times

·
Registered
565 Posts
Rear axle vent/prevent blowing out the axle seals, leaky valve cover pass side rear seems to be most prevalent (mine did). Double check the cross contamination, not a issue for me. Lots of threads on all. I don't count rattles funny noises and squeaky belts and such as common problems

1 - 20 of 21 Posts