Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Pro 4x, Baja Storm
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I do really like the Decked system. The sticker shock has always held me back.

Since you mentioned it... do you ever haul stone, mulch or similar with your Decked? I've been curious how/if that works.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Since you mentioned it... do you ever haul stone, mulch or similar with your Decked? I've been curious how/if that works.
I have several friends with decked systems. They’re quite good with a cap or softopper. If you are using it by itself, it’s a huge waste of space. Also, they leak, so don’t leave anything in the drawers that can’t get wet.

I definitely would not try to haul gravel or mulch on top. It will fall in the gaps around the sides and front, and you’ll have to remove the whole system to clean it out.

Diamondback is great - have an HD on my tundra.

·
Registered
80 Posts

I haven't hauled heavy stone, but I've done mulch with no issues. Decked just came out with a mat you can throw on top of the system to keep it from being damaged also. The mat is also kind or pricey, so if I were hauling heavy stuff constantly I'd probably just go buy some horse stall mats and cut them to the size I need.

The main drawers are what Decked calls "weather-proof" which they take to mean it should hold up to driving through dirt, rain, snow, etc. without your belongings getting wet or dirty. The "ammo cans" on the sides aren't sealed or anything so those will definitely get wet.

You lose about a foot of depth with the system installed, so you sometimes have to get a little more creative, but that's about the only downside I've seen with mine.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts