Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at making a purchase of one of these. Looking for input from any of you that have them. Recommendations, price etc. Your opinions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
tent

I had bought one for my titan and although not perfect, can still use it on my frontier. I heard you can get good deals on them online as opposed to the dealer.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
start by laying in the back of your truck with another person and decide if 2 people could comfortably sleep back there. If you've got a long bed maybe, but I know that I would not be comfortable. Then consider that every morning you've got to remove the tent from the bed and stow it before you get underway even if you are retuning to the same campsite the next night. I guess the pro is your off the ground, but anything else that was in your bed is now on the ground.

·
Registered
95 Posts

This is a good option... Foam mattress and quick setup. I'll be selling the entire bed setup/ bumper/ tent soon to build a flatbed with a Maggiolina in the hopes that I can haul bikes/ have more enclosed storage and even easier setup.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
start by laying in the back of your truck with another person and decide if 2 people could comfortably sleep back there. If you've got a long bed maybe, but I know that I would not be comfortable. Then consider that every morning you've got to remove the tent from the bed and stow it before you get underway even if you are retuning to the same campsite the next night. I guess the pro is your off the ground, but anything else that was in your bed is now on the ground.
I understand your point, but I highly doubt I'll be camping somewhere more than a day or two. And I hear ot only takes about 10 minutes to put it up or take it down. I'm thinking that's worth being off the ground. Thanks.

This is a good option... Foam mattress and quick setup. I'll be selling the entire bed setup/ bumper/ tent soon to build a flatbed with a Maggiolina in the hopes that I can haul bikes/ have more enclosed storage and even easier setup.
I LIKE this a lot, but I think it's a bit much for me just getting started. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
thats awesome! is there enough room in there to sleep? how much?

·
Registered
214 Posts
We do alot of camping in the Eastern Sierras and we have had a couple guys in the group try one of those bed tents with not much luck. Major pain is you always have to take all your gear out of your bed to set it up and either set everything inside the truck or under it. If it rains water gets around the tent and between the truck bed and your tent making it cold and damp. It is always cold inside the tent being that it is surrounded by the metal truck bed on all 5 sides. If you are 5'11 or under you can sleep comfortably, if you are over your feet hit the gap between the bed and the tail gate.

Most of us just bought a shell for the truck bed and move all our gear to one side and sleep on the other or some of us bought a 6' cot and set it up inside the bed leaving enough room under and next to the cot to put your gear but stil enough room between the cot and the shell roof to sleep.

Another option is at "tent cot" that about 5 of us use now. I have one and so far I love it. it's comfortable with a sleeping pad and sleeping bag, fast and easy set up, great for camping in rain or snow and you are off the ground.

Kamp-Rite

1 - 8 of 8 Posts