Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got fed up with all the rock chips and decided to go with a product called Armourthane. I did two things different than all the other ones I saw. 1) I didnt go all the way up on the side of the truck, i just did the bottom of the rockers below the door line, and 2) I went above the fender line on the rear fenders. So far im really happy with it, and am glad to finally be able to go over 40 km/hr on the gravel.

Sorry bout the crappy phone pics.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
yeah that does look good let us know how it holds up

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you do it yourself or get it professionally done. It looks good either way.
I got it done professionally. This product cant be applied with a brush or roller like some of the other liners, it has to be sprayed on.

Thanks for all the positive comments, now I just have to work on a lift...

·
Registered
303 Posts
does look good man, nice layout

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what did that set you back , if you don't mind me asking?
It was 970 Cdn, it would have been another 400 to do up to the line on the side of the body. Line-X wanted 1700 to do up to the line and rhino line wanted 1600 up to the line. Even though it looks like I just went for the cheapest one, I actually think its the best one for this application, it is much more rubbery than the other two so it can really soak up being hit by rocks without scuffing at all.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It was 970 Cdn, it would have been another 400 to do up to the line on the side of the body. Line-X wanted 1700 to do up to the line and rhino line wanted 1600 up to the line. Even though it looks like I just went for the cheapest one, I actually think its the best one for this application, it is much more rubbery than the other two so it can really soak up being hit by rocks without scuffing at all.
I recently did my fender flares as well. I wanted a finer consistency bedliner than in the above pictures.....I ended up doing it myself for just under $20 and roughly 2 hours of labor, so i apparently saved myself around $1000.

instead of spending the $1600 for someone to do the exact same thing i did and just charge something ridiculous, i thought i would save the money by doing it myself and spend the saved money on something more worthwhile like hardware that actually holds its value.

if anyone in Arizona wants to pay me $1500 to do this, i would be more than happy to oblige, and could even use a higher quality coating, and I'll pay the difference! . . . :thatswck:

(dont mind the dirt in the last two pics.)

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Thats official like a referee with a whistle. Im plannin on doing the same thing with a bit more.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thats official like a referee with a whistle. Im plannin on doing the same thing with a bit more.
i ended up doing mine with the Rust-oleum spray on stuff. I ended up masking the bumper so i only did the flares themselves, not the entire bumper like usual.

AutoZone also sells the Herculiner Roll-on Bedliner for something like $50 - $60 per kit (kit contains all you would need for the fender flares.)

Edit: Rust-oleum, not dupli-color

·
Premium Member
721 Posts
Herculiner is the route I was thinkin about taking.Im gonna need quite a bit so it seems like the smarter choice, do to price.

·
Registered
409 Posts
nice work bud.... keep us posted

·
Registered
833 Posts
Heard awhile back about how some guy rhino lined the entire outside and floor of his rig... can't imagine how much that set him back!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts