Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So which should I add to the truck Bed Extender or Sliding Bed Divider??? ???? It seems like the extended can act as the divider right? I see myself using the pressure of the slider or extender to hold bags and stuff up against the cab. Will either work?

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Honestly both will work but I broke down and purchased both. This way I can still use the divider to hold things against the cab while the extender is extended so that I can fit some larger items in the bed without having them possibly fallout.

Heck, I am even looking at a way to attach bike forks to the divider so that I can use it to hold the bikes and have it hold the cooler and other gear.

Last thing to take into consideration is whether you have the short bed or the long bed. If you have the long bed then you may end up only using the divider since your bed may be long enough.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
All I have is the extender and it's used 99% of the time as just a divider. If you're only getting one go for the extender. There are versions that use the utili-track and that don't. I would go for the utili-track version.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have the sliding extender and the divider. I don't use the divider. I am actually selling it.

I use the extender all the time. And you can use the cleats with the extender. I have several things mounted right to my utilitrack and still use the sliding extender.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
My truck came with both.
I sold the divider because of just what was said above.
The extender can be used as a divider, it's just not as good at dividing as the real divider.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys. that was what i was assuming but just wanted some real world experience.

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
If you get the sliding bed extender, you can use it for both purposes...
Agreed. I use mine for both. Look at it this way. The divider only does one thing but the extender can do two. I'll tell ya Nissan's utilitrack really is the "nuts"...yet another reason I love my truck. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
What's a good price on a used bed extender? I found one never used for $75.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts