Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, quick question, my truck has the sprayed on bed protector and the rail system, do I need a special or custom bed cover with this or just anyone that fits?? Thank you JP:surprise:

·
Super Moderator
11,255 Posts
Most should fit without any special adapters, just look on the website and see how it addresses the issue. Congrats on the truck and welcome to the forum.

Clint

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just put a Gator FX hard tri-fold on my '17 SV CC, and it fits and looks great!

Just make sure the description states it will work with your options...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just installed a Truxedo Lo Pro QT and it fit perfectly.

I also have the rail system.

Truxedo sent special instructions for the Frontier.

Basically, a foam strip to help with sealing the headrail and you only use two clamps per side instead of three.

Ken

·
Registered
16 Posts
Same setup... installed a BakFlip MX4. Fits great. Easy to install with an extra set of hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
My dad put the Bakflip on his 2012 Pro4x and works well with no issues or leaks. He wanted the hard cover over a soft one...

I went with a Soft Tri-Flip from Tyger off Amazon. Bought a used one from Amazon for $150 and it took about 30 minutes to install (could be done in 15 minutes if you aren't as dumb as me :) ), water tight (even in car washes), works with the utili-trak with no issues, and no rattles or squeaks or any noise from it.

The only issues is the bed extender has to slide around to be kept in the truck and the bed cover locked down. Love that it can be completely on and off in 3 minutes for full bed access.

Wanted to have the bed access and not spend a ton of $$$. IF you are looking for cheap I would recommend the Tyger one...

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
i have a solid fold 2.0. it is on my 2015.happy with it mounting is similar to post #7

·
Premium Member
6,395 Posts
My dad put the Bakflip on his 2012 Pro4x and works well with no issues or leaks. He wanted the hard cover over a soft one...

I went with a Soft Tri-Flip from Tyger off Amazon. Bought a used one from Amazon for $150 and it took about 30 minutes to install (could be done in 15 minutes if you aren't as dumb as me :) ), water tight (even in car washes), works with the utili-trak with no issues, and no rattles or squeaks or any noise from it.

The only issues is the bed extender has to slide around to be kept in the truck and the bed cover locked down. Love that it can be completely on and off in 3 minutes for full bed access.

Wanted to have the bed access and not spend a ton of $$$. IF you are looking for cheap I would recommend the Tyger one...
I'll mirror what others have said. Most manufacturers specify the models that fit with the utilitrac. Also, look for ones that clamp to the utilitrac rail like in these photos and not under the lip like the Access Lite rider I have. it works great, but it is not always the most secure clamping method as the clamps like to slip.

·
Registered
161 Posts

Have the same one. no complaints yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts