Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have decided to not go with a cover but a bed cap. Anyone know where or who I can buy a bed cap from. The only one I have been able to find for a CC 05 is LEER and they want way too much money. I need it so that I can take it on and off easily. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm partial to the OEM hard cover. Available from your dealer, but it might take several months to arrive (it's a really looooong story!!)

But seriously, it has some shortcomings that others in the forum(s) dislike, but it works pretty well for me. Falls under the 3/36 warranty too.

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
A.R.E. makes two different models for the CC. The lesser expensive one is the CH. I just ordered a Z custom built with Windoors(the side windows flip up also) which was only offered on the CH before. I'm also deleting the front window for a compression boot and installing a power sliding rear window on the cab. You can go to A.R.E.'s web site and search for a local dealer.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
I love the ARE cover on our Titan. I believe they have covers and caps. We got a discount being a Costco Member. It is an awesome cover. It allows you to keep the side utility trac's. Here is a link to Costco discount. You have to be a member of Costco to get the discount. You will need to enter your zip code then click on the "ARE" link. They also have the "Rhino Linings" and "window tint."

http://www.costcoauto.com/accessories/index.asp

Hope this helps someone. :D

·
Registered
79 Posts
super6turbo4 said:
A.R.E. makes two different models for the CC. The lesser expensive one is the CH. I just ordered a Z custom built with Windoors(the side windows flip up also) which was only offered on the CH before. I'm also deleting the front window for a compression boot and installing a power sliding rear window on the cab. You can go to A.R.E.'s web site and search for a local dealer.
Be careful if you go with a compression boot. My father-in-law had one on an old truck and the flex between the cab and the bed (since they're separate) caused the rubber boot to rub the paint off the back of the cab around the window. Didn't notice until he pulled the cover off but it really messed up the paint.

:idea: You might could stick some of that clear 3M tape on the back of the cab where the boot hits?? Would protect the paint and wouldn't show. Hmmm. . .

·
Registered
686 Posts
Be careful if you go with a compression boot. My father-in-law had one on an old truck and the flex between the cab and the bed (since they're separate) caused the rubber boot to rub the paint off the back of the cab around the window. Didn't notice until he pulled the cover off but it really messed up the paint.

:idea: You might could stick some of that clear 3M tape on the back of the cab where the boot hits?? Would protect the paint and wouldn't show. Hmmm. . .[/quote]

Thanks for the advice. I just installed the window tonight and I have an appointment tomorrow to have some of the 3M paint protection cut to fit. They are going to make a template in the computer so when it gets worn they can just cut more.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I've owned a LEER and an ARE. Liked the ARE but now they are pricey. Hate the worksmanship of the LEER and will never buy another.

Check out Jason for their toppers. They are pretty good and have good wty service if needed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts