Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I got my truck I drove it alone and never noticed the bed bouncing, yesterday my kids wanted to go for a ride to the shopping mall and instead of using my wife car I drove the truck, while on the high way my son noticed the bed was bouncing, I drove 50mph, highway is uneven in some parts, I had my wife drive the truck, I sat in the back seat and it bounced alot, is this normal or I need new rear shock's, I bought the truck second hand with 45k miles.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Is the bed bouncing off the frame or is there just a lot of rear suspension movement?

If it is the rear, then it may be time to upgrade shocks. It may also be a good time to add lift if you are going that route since you may be already investing in shocks.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
maybe also just check make sure the bed mount bolts are tourqed to spec i believe they should be tourqed to 45 ft lbs

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the bed bouncing off the frame or is there just a lot of rear suspension movement?

If it is the rear, then it may be time to upgrade shocks. It may also be a good time to add lift if you are going that route since you may be already investing in shocks.
No it is not bouncing off the frame, yes I thought about shock's, I have a trailer hitch so I imagine the last owner must have towed something.

maybe also just check make sure the bed mount bolts are tourqed to spec i believe they should be tourqed to 45 ft lbs
all bolt's and nut are tight to spec's, like I said, I will go for the shock replacement, I was asking just to make sure we didint had a bed problem, thanks all.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a F-150 and it did jiggle from new, but not as drastically as I saw it on sunday from my truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts