Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 02 suoercharged CC which I intend to use for fishing> I will be taking it on the sand beaches, but not on any serious off road trails. I've used a 92 s10 blazer on the beach. I have a Co2 tank and Staun tire deflators. And I installed a tranny cooler on my last rig.

What mods would be helpful on my current truck to make it more beach traversable (eg. diifferential cahnges, tranny cooler, electric fan ,mCAi Cat backetc. ?. I am afraid of voiding my warrantee.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Hi i also intend to use my 06 truck for beach work and fishing I've just had my truck rust proofed.I usually just deflate tyres to about 18 ld for the really soft stuff and providing i dont stop i dont have any problems. On the wet sand its like driving on concrete.
Good suspension is needed,a lift kit is helpfull but you dont want to be too top heavy incase you roll over.
Winch is handy if there is nobody around to pull you out if you get stuck.
Make sure you use sand tyres and not mud tyres (mud tyres just dig you into the sand)
Please post some pics of your truck and where you go fishing i would be very interested.
I am planing on going to a place called agneswaters on the east coast of australia at the southern end of the great barrier reef in june for a week.Great fishing cant wait.
http://www.nissan.com.au/owningNissan/pdfs_treks/feb2002.pdf

·
Banned
410 Posts
i played on the sand with my 00 and my 05 just popped them in 4wd and i never came close to stuck even in the thick stuff but i wouldnt stop either lol. although i did have to stop once in some sorta wet/sorta thick to pull out a jeep, but i just put it in 4low and it dug a little bit but not to bad went right out and pulled the jeep with it.

id say the most id do is maybe deflate the tires a little

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Frontin said:
i played on the sand with my 00 and my 05 just popped them in 4wd and i never came close to stuck even in the thick stuff but i wouldnt stop either lol. although i did have to stop once in some sorta wet/sorta thick to pull out a jeep, but i just put it in 4low and it dug a little bit but not to bad went right out and pulled the jeep with it.

id say the most id do is maybe deflate the tires a little
Yes you got to be carefull not to let too much air out or your tyre's or they may come off the rims. Usually between 25ld's and 35lds is enough it just depends on the beach conditions.
We have places where big tourist buses chew up the sand making it very soft.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts