Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A number of Nissan dealerships are closing in the Bay Area. It is very strange. The Walnut Creek one abruptly closed maybe a month ago, and I believe the Oakland and maybe San Leandro ones are closing too. These were all owned by Autocom, and apparently some other company bought them and announced the next day the closures. I also heard a rumor the Walnut Creek dealer would be turned into a shopping center. The San Rafael dealer also is closing/has closed, but I don't think it was related to Autocom.

I'm personally fairly annoyed by the Walnut Creek dealer's closure since the fact it was so convenient to me is the main reason I bought a Nissan to begin with. With Nissan's basically free "club" oil changes, and saving $3 by not parking parking at the nearby Bart station (commuter rail), it was like they paid me to change the oil on my truck. Only thing they ever screwed up was losing the filter cover in the "splash shield" one time. I recently did it myself for the first time on my truck, not a big deal, but still... life in Bay Area is such a pain in the butt in general that losing any conevience is hard. I know everything related to land use in the Bay Area is far from normal, and I don't know the full story here, but this is bizarre. No other dealerships around here have recently closed that I know of. It's like Nissan dealerships are the least profitable/cheapest to buy.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Thanks for the heads-up, well that's a bummer! Do you live in Walnut Creek? Vallejo, here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, Walnut Creek. The dealer was just a few hundred yards away from the Bart station. I wonder how many people on this bulletin board take public transit to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts