Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need help replacing the (+) positive battery terminal (clamp). The brass clamp that attaches to the battery broke. It looks like a rather complicated clamp with all those fuses in the back and stuff. Anybody has had to replace it? Do you know if I can just replace the brass clamp or is the clamp and fuses in the back of it one giant one piece thing?

·
Premium Member
1,690 Posts
Just take the positive wire cut it and strip it. Then get you a universal battery terminal that will work for your application. Put the two together and there you go.

·
Registered
303 Posts
it's not bad, just get a marine terminal or any terminal that has a threaded bolt coming out the top, like this:

the huge distribution block thingy will connect directly too it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
then what are the fuses protecting then?

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
the terminal will seperate from the fuse block thing. Back off the one nut just upstream of the terminal, it holds the piece you want to replace to the fuse block and go buy the same piece JD showed ya. I didnt go marine grade, but I got pretty much the identical one at the parts store. By the way some have mentioned having a hard time breaking the nut loose just gotta use some elbow greese. Hope this helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts