Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No seriously, I walked out this morning to get the newspaper which was right in front of my truck, and I heard very low on off beeps coming out of the horn. I got my keyless remote to open the door and it wouldnt even open. Had to manually unlock the door. Obviously the truck couldnt even start after this point. Battery is fairly new. I didnt have any trouble starting it up the day before. No lights were left on. I checked the obvious things.

Whats weird is the horn beeping on and off every second. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Mine did this too when the battery is drained. My efan was left on all night and drained the battery but for some reason the battery had enough juice to tweet the horn a bit. When a pulled the battery cable off and then back on the horn stopped. However, a relay just started to randomly engage. It's was the weirdest things I've ever saw.

Did you leave something on overnight? Maybe your alternator died and then your battery got drained.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine did this too when the battery is drained. My efan was left on all night and drained the battery but for some reason the battery had enough juice to tweet the horn a bit. When a pulled the battery cable off and then back on the horn stopped. However, a relay just started to randomly engage. It's was the weirdest things I've ever saw.

Did you leave something on overnight? Maybe your alternator died and then your battery got drained.
Thanks Joe,
So i guess when the battery is very low, the horn beeps on/off at very low volume. At first i thought my horn had something to do with draining my battery.
Ok so that means i got some sort of short or my alternator is dying like you mention.

Ughh I suck at electrical work!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Jump start the truck and check battery voltage. The battery voltage should be around 14 volts if the alternator is working properly.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Yeah, My optima yellow top gave up the ghost about a month ago.. Wierdest thing too.. Went to the parts store because I was working on the wifes breaks. Truck ran great... Tried to go back to the parts store 20 min later.... DEAD.(horn was chirping too....). Replaced the battery with a les schuab HD and have not had an issue sense. I would get a jump and see if your alt is charging correctly.. Check your belts too.. Maybe one is loose or broke?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed it, battery connector wasnt getting good contact...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Yeah, My optima yellow top gave up the ghost about a month ago.. Wierdest thing too.. Went to the parts store because I was working on the wifes breaks. Truck ran great... Tried to go back to the parts store 20 min later.... DEAD.(horn was chirping too....). Replaced the battery with a les schuab HD and have not had an issue sense. I would get a jump and see if your alt is charging correctly.. Check your belts too.. Maybe one is loose or broke?
im pretty shure that optimas have a lifetime guarantee. ide take it back to any parts store and they should give you a brand new one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
alternators

ive had many problems with alternators with my 04 s/c. no clue why nissan put the alternator on the bottom but if you like to play in the water there not hard to kill. ( proudly replaced 4 alternators! ) time to buy water resistant!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
ive had many problems with alternators with my 04 s/c. no clue why nissan put the alternator on the bottom but if you like to play in the water there not hard to kill. ( proudly replaced 4 alternators! ) time to buy water resistant!
tell me aboot it. i am going to design a alternator relocator some how as water crossings are not my usual thing but i do not like the location of the alt. i had a tacko i dunked and after paying 480 with military discount, was skerred to go in the mud anymore.

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
be thankful it was at home, mine died at school, i came out from classes, got in the truck and, click click click, i was heated, took someone 2 hours to get me jumo started before i could leave, i was angry, stupid nissan batteries.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts