Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am getting a 10 foot Bass Buster boat this weekend ( Buster Boats sells bass fishing boats, bass boat accessories, fishing boat accessories, portable bass boats and two man bass boats. ) and was curious how its going to fit in the bed of my truck. The boat is 48'' wide which is the inside of my truck bed ontop of the wheel wells.. I was hoping someone on this board might have a similar boat and ideas on how to strap it down.

If it fits ontop of the wheel wells it won't leave much room to get a tie down in between the bed and the boat. Yet if I load it at an angle I'm not sure if it will stress the boat at all.

Any input is appreciated. I plan on getting a trailer once I get a hitch in order. Until then I plan to manage with just the truck bed.

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
If you load it on top of the wheel wells, it will be leaning down towards the back. Also, you'll have about 4-5 feet hanging off the back. I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
if you have a roof rack i put my buddies 12 foot on the rack and on top of the tailgate. seemed to work good, took it on some rough roads as well as highway speeds with no issues

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Put it on its side with the tailgate down and strap it down! I highly doubt it will stress the boat. I've had a number of 12 and 13 ft kayaks sticking out the back before with no issues.

·
Super Moderator
11,535 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've used the Harbor Freight bed extender with my buddies 10ft flat bottom boat. It works great, just need to keep in mind when following those 2 tracks that you have less of a departure angle or the bed extender will dig in.

An alternative idea is to go and get your trailer and just put your ball on the bumper. It should be able to withstand that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts