Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pictures of a basket rack on the factory rack of a 2nd gen. I would like to have some extra space for camping but wonder how they look on the factory rack.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I forgot about BRUTAL, thank you.

·
Registered
602 Posts
did he need to add any extra support for the weight??

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe each the crossbars will take 125lbs evenly distributed, but it looks like he mounted straight to the main tube. I doubt he had to re-enforce it.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts

i'll add more if i find them. im considering adding a basket as well, so it helps me too...

truthfully, i would love to get a lo-pro one built up like dephep's rack for the xterra - that thing rocks. but i dont wanna lose my sunroof usability:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
truthfully, i would love to get a lo-pro one built up like dephep's rack for the xterra - that thing rocks. but i dont wanna lose my sunroof usability
That is really nice and i don't have a sunroof to worry about. This is why I use the forum. I never would have thought of this idea. Thanks

·
Registered
5,928 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not too worried about that. I would probably change the design a bit anyways. I can get all of the materials easily and all three of my brothers weld. Just the idea will be helpful.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
How much do you plan on selling this for ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
How much do you plan on selling this for ?
As low as I possibly can, it is still in the development stage. Numbers still need to be crunched.
Talking to the powder coaters next week.
I will announce as soon as its ready.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Good cus if it isnt too much, i'll buy the first one. Thinking $300-400 range would be really awesome.

Maybe even make a portion of it with extra legs running across the roof for us guys without a sunroof. So we can store heavier duty materials. Then possibly a hi-lift jack mount. I know that would be a must for me since i have a 48" hi-lift jack.

·
Registered
289 Posts
^Good cus if it isnt too much, i'll buy the first one. Thinking $300-400 range would be really awesome.

Maybe even make a portion of it with extra legs running across the roof for us guys without a sunroof. So we can store heavier duty materials. Then possibly a hi-lift jack mount. I know that would be a must for me since i have a 48" hi-lift jack.
The rack you see is not the finished product, just a rough sketch.
Working on the rest this weekend.
Some feature that will be on this rack are not shown yet.

·
Registered
227 Posts
anyboy know where to find the bumper on that silver fronty with all the lights on it thats on the front page? or where to order it? or do you think its fab'd custom?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Which truck?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts