Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm pretty new to the site. I have owned my 06 Nismo CC for a couple of weeks now, and Immediately began ordering parts.

Her she is at the dealership, and back at home in the driveway.

First off: I needed to lose the stock stereo, so I replaced it with my Pioneer Premier FH-P800BT out of my last car.

Then I noticed that with the new head unit, the stock speakers sounded like garbage.

So I replaced those with these, I got a great deal on them, since the Premier division is closing down, and car stereo places are selling off stock. I had these installed in about an hour after I got them home.

6x9 Pioneer TS-A933P's in the front doors

and

6 1/2 Pioneer TS-D1602R's in the rear doors

I decided my FT-800BT would do,... until I got my Pioneer AVIC-X920BT 2 days ago! I installed it in about an hour that same day.

Yay for New Navi! (Also have a HTC Incredible, as a Navi backup)

I also did the parking break bypass, so my friends can watch episodes of Hawg Quest while I drive.:)

Some shots in action:

After that I ordered a new cup holder assembly from Courtesy Nissan since it was missing the rear cup holders when I bought it.

I also needed new rubber cup holder inserts, so I got these off of ebay.

I also have an Avital (DEI) Alarm, and remote start installed.

The truck didn't come with cleats for the utilitrac bed, so I bought some used ones off of ebay, and they should arrive tomorrow/this morning.

I have winches, and shrockworks goodies (Bars and bumpers) to be purchased next.

Can anyone recommend a good winch? I don't need anything Super heavy duty, but I'd like something with some power. Seems like the Ramsey Patriot 8000 is popular.

I will be updating soon with more pics.

Thanks for looking at my build! :schla24:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also just went premium, since this forum has already saved me way more then $15.99 in install help, links and pics.

Thanks Club Frontier! Happy to support!

:2cool:

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
They don't make things to order. They will wait until they have X number of orders before sending out steel plates to be cut. Being that new Nissan orders are few and far between compared to a jeep or toyota, you're most likely in for a long wait. The lucky ones are those that get in at the end of the wait list. You're SOL if you're first on the wait list.
Still can't understand why they can't keep a couple order's worth of precut plates in stock to cut down on ridiculous wait times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmm, good to know. Thanks man. I'm mostly interested in the bars, and front bumper.

I'll see if I can contact them, to find out if its even worth it.

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
its worth it. very worth it. i ordered mine, luckily it showed up in just under three months.
i would have gladly waited another 3 for it.
-quality is second to none.

welcome, really like your truck and i cant wait to see this build unfold. amazing truck!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its worth it. very worth it. i ordered mine, luckily it showed up in just under three months.
i would have gladly waited another 3 for it.
-quality is second to none.

welcome, really like your truck and i cant wait to see this build unfold. amazing truck!
Thank you sir! :tiphat:

I have never heard anything but good things regarding build quality on the Shrockworks, although I have heard about the wait times. I'm willing to wait, just hope I can get a realistic wait estimate.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I waited 12 weeks for my S/W bumper. Once it arrived and the shop went to put it on, they called tech support to figure out some problems, only to find out that their bumpers won't fit a 2010 Fronty(Pro4X, anyway). So it got sent back. I'm now going with Iron Bull Bumpers, and they called me and asked me exactly what I wanted, and I should have the front and rear in 3 weeks. It's a full bumper replacement, so no cutting the fiberglass stock bumper to make it fit, and it will go all the way to the seam in the front of the wheel well. I'll post as soon as I get it put on. They offer colors to match your paint, but it's coated with pretty much the same thing as bed liner. I would rather have a powder coated one, but their quality looks great and will make sure you know what you are getting and will work out problems with you(at least they have for me). Give them a yell, it can't hurt! Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I don't remember the exact reasoning, but the guys at the off road shop were going crazy trying to get in touch with the only tech support guy that knew about the Pro4X. I think it had to do with the bumper trimming and mounting brackets> I was told they do make them, but only in Australia. It was going to be another 12 or so weeeks for them to straighten it out, and I'm not quite patient. It hurts to go into the shop and see my pretty bumper sitting on the floor. I looked it over really good, and the craftmanship is perfect. The welds and strength of everything was first rate. I wish you the best of luck with yours!

·
Registered
2 Posts
New cupholder assembly

How hard was the uninstall/install of the new cupholder assembly? My son broke mine yesterday, got a new one on order and was just curious as to how difficult it was. Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
How hard was the uninstall/install of the new cupholder assembly? My son broke mine yesterday, got a new one on order and was just curious as to how difficult it was. Thanks a bunch!
The cup holder assemble was a pretty easy replacement, you shouldn't have any problems. Just a couple of screws if I remember correctly. I'll go check later to be sure.

Do you have a spare remote for your remote start system? I have the same one and broke the fob and need a replacement. Great looking truck btw
Thank you sir *Tips hat*

The Avital is DEI, basically their lower end. if you lose a remote, most shops that install DEI should be able to program a remote from eBay.

You can either buy a whole new system for around $50 bucks which will give you two remotes, or buy a spare like this one:

Brand New Avital 474L Replacement Remote Transmitter - eBay (item 260723413048 end time Feb-15-11 17:10:22 PST)

Unfortunately I do not have a spare either.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Great work on the ride.

good to see another blue nismo cc 4x4 on here!

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
hey buddy :hi: lookin' good. i really would not hesitate to get one of the newer pioneer HU's if mine were to ever crap out (AVIC-D3) but i really hate the buttons for up and down on volume instead of a knob. my friend's got a Z3 in his 350z and i can't stand having to rapidly push the button and wait for it to turn down. that's just a personal thing tho. maybe they'll bring the knob back in the next generation...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts