Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just started popping Code P0057. I've cleared it several time and it keeps coming back at some point but not immediately. Code Reader says it's Bank 2 Sensor 2 Low. I looked it up and found several causes...... But I can't figure out which Bank is which. Did see a search to no avail.

I'm going to guess!! Bank 1 is the right or Driver Side and Bank 2 is left or Passenger side so bank 2 sensor 2 is probably the rear sensor or down stream on the left side????? Sensor 1 would be up stream????

Is this correct?

Also are the sensors reachable from the bottom????

Thanks.

LBM:serious:

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
What was the resolution?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What was the resolution?
That I had made the correct guess as to which was bank 1 & 2 or at least think I have. I was kind of surprised no one answered me which would of helped quite a bit but I didn't want to just leave an "open" question/thread. Seemed like an easy question for someone who was familiar with the Frontier. I'm used to Chevy's but I I've also been bit a time or two with Fords so I didn't want to just guess. Sensor 2 is probably the converter/downstream O2 sensor which makes sense because when it kicks the code is still runs fine and the code kicks at odd times. Hot, cold, running RPM and idle didn't make a difference.

Anyway that's the sensor I'm going to order and then wait for it to dry/warm up a bit since I have to work outside on the ground to fix it. I'll know then if I can reach it from the top or the bottom. I live 35+ miles from the closest parts store so I tend to try and get it figured out before I jump and do a lot of parts ordering online.

128000 miles new to me and as far as I can tell the sensors have never been changed.

LBM

LBM

·
Registered
575 Posts
Bank 1 is passenger side in the VQ40, bank 2 is driver. Upstream and downstream you've got correct. You should be able to reach the downstream bank 2 sensor pretty easily as long as you don't have a skid plate bolted in the way. Even with the Hefty skid attached I can see mine directly, but I'd have to drop the skid to get easy access, or get creative with some swivel extensions.

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you this helped and the Schematic from Nissanhelp.com really helped. Lucky me the correct right side/downstream sensor is the most expensive one but surely cheaper then getting the wrong one and then having to order the correct one.

Any idea which sensor is the most replaced/problem sensor or is it a toss up between the 4???

Thanks again.

LBM

Bank 1 is passenger side in the VQ40, bank 2 is driver. Upstream and downstream you've got correct. You should be able to reach the downstream bank 2 sensor pretty easily as long as you don't have a skid plate bolted in the way. Even with the Hefty skid attached I can see mine directly, but I'd have to drop the skid to get easy access, or get creative with some swivel extensions.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sorry, I don't know if any are more prone to failure than any others. The dealer is replacing all 4 of mine under warranty right now - I've read elsewhere about O2 sensor issues through early 2014 build dates and I think my '14 fell within that range, at least based on my issues and this warranty work. I've been throwing a P2099 code for about 1.5 years so I was expecting the bank 2 downstream sensor to be replaced, but they're doing all 4 "just to be safe." Works for me considering the cost of these things...

Hopefully someone with more insight than me will chime in here. Good luck getting it sorted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts