Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JBA headers, Gibson Exhaust, Volant CAI, Cortex on 93, and I guess some high flow cats. Any estimates on hp and 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Are you a 6spd or auto? I think autos are about 210whp & 225ftlb stock. 6 spds a little more, maybe 225whp & 240ftlbs. With those mods I would put an auto about 230whp & 245ftlbs. 6 spd maybe 240whp & 250ftlbs. Maybe a little more. In the 1/4 I would guess upper 14's.

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
Are you a 6spd or auto? I think autos are about 210whp & 225ftlb stock. 6 spds a little more, maybe 225whp & 240ftlbs. With those mods I would put an auto about 230whp & 245ftlbs. 6 spd maybe 240whp & 250ftlbs. Maybe a little more. In the 1/4 I would guess upper 14's.
That sounds pretty close rdr.
You may be low on the HP estimate.
1/4 mile I'd say nothing under 14.7 with that set-up (and ideal conditions at the track).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yeah you might be a little higher with those mods. Shiner pretty much has the lead for HP and 1/4 for an auto truck. He dynoed at 245hp & 260ftlbs and is running a 14.5 with his 4 x 4 auto clubcab, weighing about 4500lbs. His main differences is an Uprev dyno tune vs the Cortex, a WRP IMS and Crank Pully. A few other minor things too. The rest of the mods are fairly eaqual. I would figure those mods would put him 10-15hp and 2-3 tenths ahead.

·
Registered
91 Posts
If you're serious about power, get it dyno-tuned after you get all your mods done. Well, any mod that will change your air-fuel ratio (anything on the intake or exhaust). You could do something like pulleys after the tune.

Don't mess around with superchips or unichip (i have unichip right now). It doesn't account for things like the intake manifold spacer (if you can track one down) and definitely will NOT handle high flow cats. Rdr had some trouble after he changed his cats out before his Uprev tune.

I am going to go Uprev myself, it's my only choice. I'm looking at this in hind site though. I wouldn't have bothered with unichip at all.

I'm not trashing the programmers here, they just can't handle and can't be expected to handle a really modified vehicle. Jack from unichip says they can dyno tune with the unichip but i'd rather just go to the nissan experts at uprev.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you're serious about power, get it dyno-tuned after you get all your mods done. .
thanks for the headsup Awing...high 14's would be fine, I'm not making a racecar out a 4500lb truck. Just want some more pep. If I want to scare myself I'll wait till I'm completed my GT35R equipped DOHC dodge omni teehee

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
If you're serious about power, get it dyno-tuned after you get all your mods done. Well, any mod that will change your air-fuel ratio (anything on the intake or exhaust). You could do something like pulleys after the tune.

Don't mess around with superchips or unichip (i have unichip right now). It doesn't account for things like the intake manifold spacer (if you can track one down) and definitely will NOT handle high flow cats. Rdr had some trouble after he changed his cats out before his Uprev tune.

I am going to go Uprev myself, it's my only choice. I'm looking at this in hind site though. I wouldn't have bothered with unichip at all.

I'm not trashing the programmers here, they just can't handle and can't be expected to handle a really modified vehicle. Jack from unichip says they can dyno tune with the unichip but i'd rather just go to the nissan experts at uprev.
True abiut the cats hurting me at first. My A/f ratio was so far off, I actually lost a tenth in the 1/4 before I got tuned. I basically had no difference between 1/2 throttle & full throttle. Uprev made a HUGE difference on my truck. I love the way my truck runs now. My hold up now is traction. I just tried a couple 0-60 runs last weekend with my Gtech. It was a joke. all three runs I did, I never got traction until 2nd gear. My last time I only launched at about 1500rpms, slowly rolled into the throttle. But I never got above 1/2 throttle, and I still spun until 40mph. So new tires are in my trucks future. Hopefully a pair of ET Streets by winter time.
So I love Uprev. I have noticed a couple trucks on here that are doing really well with Hypertech & Superchips. I guess its sorta a hit & miss with them. Some trucks they do OK. Other trucks do very well with the tunes. I guess it might depend on how you are modded.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts