Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Offroad Gorilla is doing a group buy on TheNewX for C200 and M226 diff covers made by Ballistic Fab. Head on over there to get in on it or let me know if you're not signed up there and I'll provide your screen name over here for the list.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Mods, I can't post in the g/B section, can you move there if it's more appropriate?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for more interest....

·
Registered
382 Posts
How's the fitment for the m226 diff? I've read in the past there had been some issues.

How does this diff cover compare to let's say a Shrockworks diff armor over the stock OEM diff cover?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How's the fitment for the m226 diff? I've read in the past there had been some issues.

How does this diff cover compare to let's say a Shrockworks diff armor over the stock OEM diff cover?

Thanks

According to the post on TNX, the fitment issues have been resolved. As for a comparison to the Shrock diff skid, we're talking two totally different things here.

·
Registered
382 Posts
According to the post on TNX, the fitment issues have been resolved. As for a comparison to the Shrock diff skid, we're talking two totally different things here.

Thanks for the update.

True. However protection is protection, and I'm looking for max protection.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the update.

True. However protection is protection, and I'm looking for max protection.

The Shrock will protect the bottom of the diff, while a cover will help protect the entire back of the diff. The stock cover will peel back, that's where the Shrock comes into play. If you replace the entire cover, you're offering protection to the entire diff. Also, keep in mind, the front of the diff is already pretty strong. The weak point is the rear cover.

·
Registered
5,954 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts