Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a large group for our weekend trail run at Bald Mountain located east of Fresno CA. 11 rigs made it to the lookout tower on sat and 9 rigs hit the trail again on sunday.

This was another excellent camping and wheeling weekend with most of the NorCal/NV crew and some new CF members as well.

Here are some of the better photo's I took.

A few of us decided to get to Shaver Lake early and run a trail on friday to Brewer Lake. Enjoi408 decided to tackle this rocky climb that the rest of us passed on.

Attachments

Reactions: R00

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
2nd set of pic's

These are from saturday's run.

This sequence was at one of the first challenges. There were multiple lines to choose on this hill.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
3rd pic post

Of course our trail leader for the weekend, JeniorNV, chose a more adventurous route and made it look easy as usual.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
4th pic post

The next 2 obstacles came in quick succession about 150 feet apart. JeniorNV and TokenTaco both tackled the toughest lines and the rest of us took easier routes.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Of course our trail leader for the weekend, JeniorNV, chose a more adventurous route and made it look easy as usual.
Don't you just hate a show off? She isn't even hanging her head out the window! :). Good job Jenn!

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
5th pic post

Tom R attempted the ledge and was just not quite tall enough to get over it... KiaDude to the rescue! After coming back down to rescue Tom the Kia took an alternate line up another ledge and after a very poor initial spot from me, bounced right up and over it. Hopefully others got pic's of this...

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
Keep going! Keep going!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6th pic post

Another obstacle with 2 lines. This one had a hard or technical choice, no easy bypass. 4 of us chose the harder ledge while the rest of the group took the technical line.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
7th pic post

The 1st 3 shots are the more technical line. The Land Cruiser got an assist from R00 when he just could not quite get over the ledge. With a little tug, he made it up without breaking anything. For a 1st time wheeler he did an excellent job!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
8th pic post

The top of Bald Mtn has fantastic views of Shaver Lake and the surrounding Sierra Nevada Mtn's. As you can see, there are very few tree's growing in the cracks of this granite monolith.

Patrick's son Jules had a great time hanging out with us and really enjoyed riding along with his Dad and watching everyone try the various obstacles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
9th pic post

These are the last shot's I took on sat. The decent from the lookout tower is really steep with big ledges and broken granite at the bottom.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
10th pic post

I only took a few shots on sun as we were moving pretty fast. Some of the group had a long drive home so we wanted to get off the trail right after lunch. Hopefully other folks took more shots of the action on sunday.

Hope you enjoyed the ride! Keep an eye on the West and NorCal pages if you would like to join us!

Attachments

·
Registered
741 Posts
I got a pic: Tom R's carnage

Sadly, it's my only one.

I think his mudflap ended up in my bed eventually. Shoulda thrown all four of them back there ...

·
Re-Moderator
13,563 Posts
I've slowly started going through my pics. I'll try to get them up tonight but tomorrow might be more realistic.

This was a larger group than I normally lead but it went pretty smooth. All of our new members did GREAT and I hope you guys join us on more runs in the future.

·
Registered
741 Posts

Day two stats are off as I started recording late. Also, I ended the track when I picked up the camper. Pothole alley got run like a moonshine haul!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Bald mountain looks like a fun trail! What app is that^? Do you have an external gps antenna hooked up?
BackCountry Navigator Pro. No external antenna, but I did pre-download the map

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 69 Posts