Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not sure which to buy...

I like the idea of full bed access, but with more moving parts, I can only assume that the BakFlip will not last as long as the Undercover...

I like the waterproof-ness of the undercover, but if I have to move a couch, I have to remove the cover...

If any of you guys have had either of these, let me know your thoughts...

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how long have you had the lazer lite?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm very happy with my Undercover. I drove 200 miles with pouring down rain & all my luggages were dry. Also with this cover you can still use your cleat tie downs.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anybody else want to chime in?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I recently purchased an '07 SE 4x4 and installed the BakFlip G2. It was extremely easy to install, the bed stays dry and it is super convenient. The new model has all aluminum construction. I think it will hold up well. I had a Dodge Ram with a hard cover before this truck. I think having the flexibility to have the open bed when needed is a major improvement.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I've had the Bakflip for nearly a year now. Its well enough constructed that I don't have any concerns regarding its longevity. Like the hard-tops, it allows you to keep/utilize the utilitrak/bed extender and is pretty water-tight (as long as you install it correctly and add 1 extra row of weatherstriping); I can be driving in pouring rain and only end up with a couple drops of water near the cab and a couple more near the tailgate.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The backflip is the most expensive cover of the two (3 if considering lazer lite), but is it worth it? I like the idea of full bed access on the fly, but for the extra 200 bucks, I could buy a new grill...

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have the bak and I love it! it was ripped from my truck doin over 100 on the highway! It made it with only scratches!! I get tonns of snow up here too and its always dry inside and it supports the weight of big piles of snow. its really strong!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have the bak and I love it! it was ripped from my truck doin over 100 on the highway! It made it with only scratches!! I get tonns of snow up here too and its always dry inside and it supports the weight of big piles of snow. its really strong!
How did it fly off?

Do you have the G2 ?

·
Registered
192 Posts
First off, he must have had it folded up. When up, the edges could catch a little wind as they stick out slightly past the edges of the cab, but I've driven on the highway at 70mph with it up and had no issues. Even with it up and doing 100, I don't understand how it could have come off if it was secured tightly / correctly. Obviously something wasn't on right.

I don't think anyone else can answer the "is it worth it" question for you. Just depends on what you are going to use it for (how often you use the bed, what you need it for, etc). Its worth it for what I use it for (securing things in the bed, keeping the bed dry, looks, can still haul tall items without unscrewing/clamping the cover, etc).

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think I may go for the Bak flip HD one...

still not buying for a few weeks tho...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think I may go for the Bak flip HD one...

still not buying for a few weeks tho...
:goodjob:That is the model I have and I love it.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
I've had the Bakflip G2 since the fall, and so far like it a lot. I've gotten some dry snow blowing up in (mostly through the tailgate I think) and the odd drop or two of water sneaks into the bed when I wash the truck, but other than that it stays pretty dry. The new aluminum G2 seems pretty robust to me; pretty sure I wouldn't spend the extra $200 for the HD for myself.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I've had the undercover on my truck for a couple years now, still looks like new.

I can remove it by myself in under 5 minutes and it can be hung on a wall, but usually lean it against the wall til I get back.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hmmm, now you have me thinking about the undercover again... damn decisions!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts