Nissan Frontier Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Pro 4x
150 Posts
i know i am swimming against the tide but by the gods i hate everything about this. splitters and wings do not belong on trucks, add in a LS swap on a nissan. no just no hell no.

·
Registered
2016 Silver CC SB 2WD SV
26 Posts
Looks like a new entry for the NASCAR Truck Series. Those should have a Titan V8, 370Z manual transmission, and RWD!

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
LS swaps are always a good answer.
I mean, they can be. I get it, he is chasing 1000hp, which is just not going to happen with the VK. I think a 500-600HP VK would have really added to the wow factor of this over "Another LS swap". But, that is the guy's company, so. I get it.

I think the armada rear is a great touch.

·
Registered
2021 Pro 4x
150 Posts
Keep in mind this was built for Autocross type events, so, While I agree, I do not....
i hear you and i understand the reasoning but it is just a better built version of those horrid looking ricer add a wing and cheesy body kit cars. its like one of those ricer kids grew up and went full stupid on a build.

i really hate the LS swap everything mindset, its cheap, easy, low effort crap and is just so played out. at this point i don't think there is a single car/truck that somebody hasn't LS swapped.

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
Gimme. Either my own version, or at least ONE joyride, pretty please. (y)
Acceleration is #1...followed by handling as a d-i-s-t-a-n-t #2.

They must've done some serious relocating/configuring of 'underhood things' since they clearly stuffed in the twin turbos where they SHOULD be where the exhaust gases are hottest and most expansive.

·
Premium Member
7,760 Posts
I guess this says something for the LS motors, not just power wise but reliability!
I'm still more of a Ford guy, so a 351 Cleveland bored/stroked would fulfill me more. Just sayin.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I guess this says something for the LS motors, not just power wise but reliability!
There's truth on that. Love or hate 'em ( I've been a GM man myself since the early 70s when I was a wee tyke ), you have to admit the LSx series can make stupid power and not blow up, for hours and hours.
I also agree a built VK would have been pretty cool, but have no idea w/o casting a custom block, and forging rods and a crank, if it'd approach that number w/ any durability. I have to chuckle when some folk throw big rocks at the "Neandertal" pushrod V8, and ask can't GM come up w/ anything better, well, they sorta did, the Cadillac Blackwing engine is state-of-the-art, and you can still wail on an LSx harder and it'll live. Something to be said for simple,
I recall a modern philosopher waxing rhapsodic about some super-new weapons kit-out and then observed that while individual A is trying to get his custom-built AR platform gun to function reliably, individual B sneaks up behind him and whacks him in the head with a $20 framing hammer. Dead. Sometimes the simple answers work too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
You guys gotta see this...all wheel drive, full aero package, 700hp LSX twin turbo, Camaro T6060 6 speed manual, T-swap front suspension with an Armada front diff, Armada complete rear sub-frame with diffs/axles and suspension, and 20x12's with 345/30/20's. Link to video...enjoy!
View attachment 342912
View attachment 342913
View attachment 342914
View attachment 342915
I'm an old school mini-trucker (1973 Customized Datsun 620) and I approve of this conversion (like that really matters). Definitely an old school conversion taken with modern components. Back in the day it was a Chevy 350 small block with a 350 turbohydromatic automatic transmission and a narrowed rear end hijacked from a Mustang, Camaro, or Chevy Nova. One guy I knew put a chromed out Jaguar rear end in his 1978 Datsun 620. I love this conversion.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
I'm an old school mini-trucker (1973 Customized Datsun 620) and I approve of this conversion (like that really matters). Definitely an old school conversion taken with modern components. Back in the day it was a Chevy 350 small block with a 350 turbohydromatic automatic transmission and a narrowed rear end hijacked from a Mustang, Camaro, or Chevy Nova. One guy I knew put a chromed out Jaguar rear end in his 1978 Datsun 620. I love this conversion.
Man, I'd pay to see an inboard-disc-braked chromed-out Jag rear in a Datsun. That is so dang cool. Did he do a Chevrolet engine too?

Reactions: Bamps

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I am too old fashion I guess but IMO cars are cars and trucks are trucks, either you wanna race car or you wanna truck.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I am too old fashion I guess but IMO cars are cars and trucks are trucks, either you wanna race car or you wanna truck.
Lol me too.. and sometimes you work with what ya got!

Im sure he won't be Haulin much Azz in that trucar!

21 - 40 of 41 Posts