Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
2021 SV
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Purchased this 6 months and now with 2k miles on it.
The 2 piece tailgate cap is separating and looks like crap. Anyone else experience this.? Pictures below are of the right side which is the worst. Left side now as bad ( yet). Have an E-MAIL in to the dealer to see what and if anything can done..disappointing to say the least..
Plant Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive mirror

Automotive tire Wood Vehicle door Automotive exterior Gas

Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive lighting Font Audio equipment

• Sad
Reactions: Grampy Matt

Registered
2021 SV
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Dealership said I'd know something more about this issue this coming week馃
Kind of surprised no one else had this problem. Feel like the lone duck in the pond..

Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
Dealership said I'd know something more about this issue this coming week馃
Kind of surprised no one else had this problem. Feel like the lone duck in the pond..
There鈥檚 no question about it. That鈥檚 a manufacturing defect. They need to order a new cap & replace it under warranty. If they鈥檙e not doing exactly that, they鈥檙e just yanking you around hoping you鈥檒l go away.

Registered
2021 SV
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My 2017 does that on the right side also. A tap on top typically brings it back together so never worried much about it.
The top part is actually tight to the tailgate. I can squeeze everything back together just to have it separate again.
I recently had it in for service and mentioned it then and was told it was ok. Wasn't happy with that answer.
The next day I get a survey in my Email asking how everything went. Also said if there were any issues "before" I fill out the survey to get in touch with to resolve any problems.
Didnt fill out the survey YET..

Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
My 2017 does that on the right side also. A tap on top typically brings it back together so never worried much about it.
Defective and needs to be replaced with a new piece, warranty should cover it 100%.

Registered
Are the two pieces supposed to be fastened together with an adhesive? If so, perhaps at the factory the line was moving too fast and the glue only got so far.

Reactions: 4getgto

Registered
2021 SV
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Are the two pieces supposed to be fastened together with an adhesive? If so, perhaps at the factory the line was moving too fast and the glue only got so far.
Actually think they're fastened together with molded in plastic clips..

Registered
2021 SV
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Little update.
Went back and forth with the dealer and going to set me up an appointment next week to have a new 2 piece tailgate cap installed. Things are looking up..馃憤

Reactions: hi-ho_silver
1 - 15 of 15 Posts