Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 SE CC and I use it to tow a Ski Nautique.
I'm considering a new head unit and one of the primary reasons is to get a backup camera. How useful is a backup camera in actually lining up the hitch and trailer?

Any recommedations on a head unit? Obviously I want a backup camera and also ipod control. After that maybe Navigation and bluetooth.
Not interested in replacing speakers and having a big amp.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed an avh-3200dvd about 5 days ago. It included a system of when the truck is in reverse it switched to the camera. Hooked up a backup camera that my friend gave me and tried it out around town. At work I always back into a spot that has a low hanging chain that I cannot see when I back up. The camera is awesome for that. I leave my ball in the receiver and it gives a good gauge on the distance. I own some property on a lake is Mississippi and I use my frontier to tow some jet skis. This weekend I tried it out worked great. No longer do I have to keep getting in and out of the truck to judge distance. I would definitive recommend if you have a trailer get a backup camera, make sit much easier.

P.S.- The only problem has the damn reverse wire, I searched all over this forum for locations but having a automatic you have to go under the hood. That's the only way I found to do it.

·
Registered
8,529 Posts
If you are hooking it up alone, then a backup camera is nice but if you have a friend or wife or etc.... you don't really need it. Now, if you are trying to parallel park or something like that where it is close, then the backup camera would be a nice feature.

The only thing that gets me is that they mount the camera to the side of the license plate in most cases in which would throw my sight off a bit. It may just take some getting-used-to. Now if you mount a camera in which mounts directly on-top of the license, then that would be a better idea.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have the ball on a stick backup system. I have gave it to my kid as a toy because unless the trailer and the truck are on flat level ground, they are useless. Backup camera is the way to go! Just my 0.02.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts