Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Back up camera?

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  4x4CHRIS 
#1 ·
I'm looking at adding a backup camera to my 09' CC and was wondering, for those that added one, is it better to have one with sensors or without? I know the ones with sensors would require holes in the bumper and that doesn't bother me. Also, do they make a rear view mirror that has the monitor and would still retain the home link/ compass and temp features as well? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#9 ·
i have mine with an input on the double din head unit i have. How much are you looking to spend?
Looking to stay around $100.
I like my back up sensors. I recently bought a NV2500 without rear windows and installed a rear view monitor and cam. I would reccommend these guys here;

Backup Camera System | Rear View Backup Camera | RearViewSafety.com
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Here is the one I bought from etrailer, only $115 and free shipping. Great camera.
Hopkins Smart Hitch Backup Camera and Hitch Aligner System
Thanks, I'll take a look and see what all they have.
I've got this one: https://www.amazon.com/Z-Edge-Camer...UTF8&qid=1478543344&sr=8-2&keywords=zero+edge

It also doubles as a dual camera dash cam which is nice. I have the rear camera mounted in the tailgate handle like newer models. It would cover your factory mirror though. Besides that it has been great for the 9 months or so it has been installed.
Thanks. Have any pics of the camera mounted?

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.