Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at adding a backup camera to my 09' CC and was wondering, for those that added one, is it better to have one with sensors or without? I know the ones with sensors would require holes in the bumper and that doesn't bother me. Also, do they make a rear view mirror that has the monitor and would still retain the home link/ compass and temp features as well? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
119 Posts
i Love my backup camera

i have mine with an input on the double din head unit i have. How much are you looking to spend?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm looking at adding a backup camera to my 09' CC and was wondering, for those that added one, is it better to have one with sensors or without? I know the ones with sensors would require holes in the bumper and that doesn't bother me. Also, do they make a rear view mirror that has the monitor and would still retain the home link/ compass and temp features as well? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Here is the one I bought from etrailer, only $115 and free shipping. Great camera.
Hopkins Smart Hitch Backup Camera and Hitch Aligner System

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I wired mine up myself as a 15 year old. Did you get someone to install yours and if so how much did it cost.
My son did it no charge. I'm not good with sparky stuff, give me a hammer and I'm fine. It's one in the third break light and is on all the time the vehicle's on.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have mine with an input on the double din head unit i have. How much are you looking to spend?
Looking to stay around $100.
I like my back up sensors. I recently bought a NV2500 without rear windows and installed a rear view monitor and cam. I would reccommend these guys here;

Backup Camera System | Rear View Backup Camera | RearViewSafety.com
Thanks, I'll check it out.
Here is the one I bought from etrailer, only $115 and free shipping. Great camera.
Hopkins Smart Hitch Backup Camera and Hitch Aligner System
Thanks, I'll take a look and see what all they have.
I've got this one: https://www.amazon.com/Z-Edge-Camer...UTF8&qid=1478543344&sr=8-2&keywords=zero+edge

It also doubles as a dual camera dash cam which is nice. I have the rear camera mounted in the tailgate handle like newer models. It would cover your factory mirror though. Besides that it has been great for the 9 months or so it has been installed.
Thanks. Have any pics of the camera mounted?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking to stay around $100.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Thanks, I'll take a look and see what all they have.

Thanks. Have any pics of the camera mounted?
iv been having trouble uploading pictures. mines mounted to the licence plate doesn't look to bad but is noticeable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts