Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok as some might know the paint on my truck is stuffed thanks to Nissan.
I now have new paint on some of the left rear door.Different paint on the front apron, left front guard, bonnet, bits of the tailgate and roof all done under warranty. hats left from the factory stuff has varying amounts of orange peel as they rubbed some back and buffed . Anyway my ***** is that this has just gotten worse since day 1 and now I have a very second hand patchwork of paint and now Nissan says no matter what else happens they wont pay a cent more .
So i am having the paint inspected by a true independant on Wed at 12 and if they say yep they have screwed it then im gunna first get a ruling from fair trading then if they go my way will see how far can push things in a court . I have been royally screwed over by Nissan for months so compo would be nice

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dude you must be the most persistent person I have heard of, if it was me I would have ditched the lemon by now and be driving something else, probably anything but a Nissan.
Seriously I do hope you have some joy with Fair Trading you deserve it.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh trust me if there was another choice the truck would be long gone. The paint is the ONLY sore point with the truck . Everything else is fine.
I chose the truck for many reasons but mainly its height and seating position . It is comfy to drive and none of the others feel the same. Hilux is just too small , Bitsamissen just desont feel right to drive .The Ford and the Mazda are the same and dont do it for me. If I could get a odge with aCummins or a semi size ford then I would do it but with the limited options we get its the Nissan for now that suits me best.
Everyone has said that they should have painted the truck in the first place not stuffed around with it . I plan to do that just to spite them lol
Nothing like a dam HUGE Told Ya so to make ya feel good lol

·
Registered
239 Posts
I do agree that the Nav is still the better of all the dual cabs for my purpose as well. You'd have to take all the good points collectively of all the others to beat the Nav, it looks like Nissan looked at the others, took the things people really didn't like about them and made sure in the D40 these things were better.
Pity they haven't heard you though, because these days repeat business is everything. Would you buy another Nissan when your looking for a new truck/car?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would buy another Nisan if it was best for purpose at the time however i would go over it so bad on delivery it wouldnt leave for days lol and have so many contracts drawn up that if it farted twice in a row I would want it swapped lol

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
If I were Nissan and saw you coming, I would just repaint the whole truck. (better Page Ranking) Also, don't be afraid to mention that a whole bunch of guys/gals/mates/shelias (I only know this from Dundee) are viewing your posts daily and formulating future thoughts about buying another Nissan product.

Give em 7ell! AND of course keep us posted. Maybe if you can get an email address, we could all BOMBARD who ever it is with our support posts???? What do you think?

Also, I am assuming that you have returned from your trip. How was it?

Good point in your sig. "Paint screwed by Nissan Australia"

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well the inspection is tomorrow so fongers crossed this guy sees the issues as i do.Evereyone I have spoken to agrees there are definate issues with different amounts of orange peel thanks to their dodgy repairs. The fact that now approx 50% of the truck is non factory paint and in most cases its not full panels but part panels. If this was a repair from an accident you wouldnt accept the car back but Nissan seems to think they can do whatever they seem to want and we just have to take it. Trust me if and when I win this thing I will be telling everyone in every way possible to stick to your guns and go for it .Big business expects us to back down .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Good luck with it all - hope it works out OK for you

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well this is the last ditch effort or maybe just get a painter i know thinks whats happened sux .
I have some stripes I wanna put on the truck but cant till i get all this shite sorted

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The results are in and its not nice

all quotes from the report

this will give an idea whats where

THIS VEHICLE HAS HAD EXTENSIVE PAINT REPAIRS, FURTHER REPAIRS ARE REQUIREDE AT LEFT SIDE ROOF PANEL. SEE
DIAGRAM.
OVERALL REPAIRS AND PAINT FINISH ARE POOR AND EASILY VISIBLE. <> FACTORY ORIGINAL PAINT ON THE LEFT SIDE OF
THE ROOF PANEL HAS BEGAN TO PEAL OFF AND WILL REQUIRE REPAIRS-SEE PHOTOS. <> SEE CONCLUSION PAGE FOR
MORE DETAILS.

General Overview:
* PAINT THICKNESS IS VERY INCONSISTENT, RANGING FROM 89 TO 320 MICRONS. GENUINE FACTORY PAINT
THICKNESS FOR THIS TYPE OF VEHICLE IS USUALLY 89 TO 125 MICRONS. PAINT FINISH TO BONNET IS 320 MICRONS
THICK WHICH IS MORE THAN 255% THICKER THAN THAT OF THE FACTORY APPLIED PAINT FINISH. THIS MAY
RESULT IS CRACKING AND OR SHRINKAGE AS THE VEHICLE AGES AND IS EXPOSED TO THE ELEMENTS. <> PAINT
TEXTURE IS VISIBLY INCONSISTANT FROM PANEL TO PANEL. <> LEFT SIDE DOORS HAVE A HEAVY-ORANGE
PEAL-TEXTURE, WHILE THE ADJACENT PANELS AND BONNET HAVE A SMOOTH GLASSY FINISH AS A RESULT OF
ATTEMPTS TO CUT AND POLISH PAINT SURFACE TO EFFECT REPAIRS.
<> THIS HAS CREATED A PATCHWORK EFFECT WHEN OBSERVED SIDE ON AND HIGHLIGHTS THE OVERALL POOR
QUALITY REFINISHING.<>PAINT REPAIRS TO INSIDE OF RIGHT HAND REAR UPPER DOOR FRAME ARE INCOMPLETE
LEAVING AN EASILY DETECTED UNSEALED SECTION.
THIS VEHICLES OVERALL APPEARENCE HAS BEEN DEGRADED BY THE EXTENSIVE PAINT REFINISHING WORK
WHICH IS SUB-STANDARD FOR AGE AND MODEL AND HAS SEVERELY DEVALUED THE VEHICLE. <>

yet more fun stuff

the paint is now flaking off the roof gutter rails on the left side so we found today
see attached

so all in all my truck is in great shape

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts