Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2013 Pro4x Crew short box. It is equipped with an "Undercover Flex" tri-fold tonneau cover. I have a back rack in my possession off a friend's wrecked Frontier, and I'm trying to see if I can rig this onto the box with the tonneau cover. Calls to my local accessory shops and looking online tells me right away there is no kit out there to allow the frontier to have a backrack AND a tonneau cover.

My Flex cover doesn't fully cover the top rails of the box, and I could definitely trim the rubber back a bit to expose almost the entire surface area. My Coworker with a Tundra has the same brand cover with a back rack and the kit he has "looks" like it could work on my Frontier with some custom mods.

Has anyone successfully installed a backpack and kept their tonneau? There must be a way!

Thanks,

Slapshots

·
Registered
811 Posts
I have the same cover & agree the seal that extends over the rail cap could probably be trimmed. Does the rack attach to a utilitrack or does it mount into the stake pockets?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've been wanting to do the same thing. If you figure it out, please post info and pics. Where there's a will, there's a way...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same cover & agree the seal that extends over the rail cap could probably be trimmed. Does the rack attach to a utilitrack or does it mount into the stake pockets?
I'm not entirely sure, there isn't anything screaming out that there's stake pockets, I would have to cut away the plastic. Looking in the box there appears to be a connection point into what could be a stake pocket, but the utilitrack is connect to that. Your question might have answered the inquiry, I reckon the rack connects to the track. All I have is the rack and no other connecting hardware.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I was only able to find one photo with a pocket at the rear, but I don't see an area for a front one?

I'd really like to have a Nissan D40 Navara "sports bar". They had them from Nissan in Australia and the UK, maybe other places, too. It mounts to the interior rail of the bed with a bracket that's just a vertical rectangular plate. It's only rated at something like 60kg, but a rack front & back could support a light canoe or a platform for bikes or a surf/paddle board(?)

Hopefully an overlander enthusiast can chime in here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts