Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My daughter has outgrown her infant car seat but she still has to be rear facing. I bought a Recaro seat for my wife's car but it is too big for my Frontier. I have been trying to find a seat that fits well in my truck and finally found it today. I went to Toys R Us again in hopes of finding something because they are offering 20% discount if you trade in an old seat plus their weekly flyer had a 10% off coupon. With that kind of a discount I was determined to find one that would somehow work in my cramped back seat. I tried 4 different display seats before my wife stumbled on one that was not on display. It was a Britax Roundabout. It is specifically made for cars with limited back seat space. It was more than I wanted to spend but once I got to thinking about scrimping on my daughters safety it was a no brainer. It mounts perfectly behind the drivers seat and my seat is all the way back and reclined slightly. I would've preferred it to be mounted in the center and I may try to mount it in the center with the seat belt. Unfortunately there are no LATCH anchors in the center position and it isn't recommended that you use one anchor point on each side because it exceeds 11 inches. Hope this helps some of you new or soon to be new fathers out there.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
my 2 graco's both fit with no problems. both were bought from walmart for less than $50. my kids are 3 and 4 so we had 2 car seats in at one time with no problems. im 6'2 and still had plenty of room.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
chaney- not sure but are you also using the tether anchor (there are three positions behind the rear seat back).

we have a baby seat in the rear seat center and use both the upper LATCH tether anchor (refer to page 1-26 of the owners manual) that is directly behind the seat back and the lower is secured by the seat belt. its pretty easy to get the seat belt nice and tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts