Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Axle Vent barbed nipple

Update: I now have a "kit" available. Barbed fitting, fuel filter and some zip ties. You will need about 3 feet of 1/4" hose. And a hose clamp if you want. I have my hose zip tied to the barb fitting. Pic on page 3. $10 Paypaled to [email protected].
I will still sell a barbed fitting for $5.

For those of you who want to vent the rear axle and get rid of the silly one-way breather and doesn't work there are a couple of solutions:
1-break off vent mech and clamp a hose to the nub end.
2-Buy a 1/8" NPT to 1/4" barb fitting as a write up suggest. Then scratch your head and wonder why it won't thread in the hole. Force it and cross thread it, resort to option 1, or put the stock breather back on.
3-buy an expensive nissan or toyota threaded nipple
4-buy the proper 1/8" BSP to 1/4" fitting from me. The NPT is 27 TPI and can be forced in the hole. The right fitting is a 1/8" BSP which, are 28 TPI and hard to find.

$5. This is basically at cost to me (and cover shipping) as I had to buy several in a package shipped on a slow boat from overseas.

Single post with description.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/3268505-post226.html

Full Write-up, Just note that part is wrong.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f62/2nd-gen-axle-vent-mod-write-up-40925/

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
so you are selling 27 when proper is 28, so I would still be stripping the threads?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would definitely buy if you do.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I ordered a set. will have a few extra.

They are coming on a slow boat from China....Amazon tells me "Arriving Jan 4, 2017 - Jan 20, 2017"... LOL

I have had 1 request if they were available so far.

Anyone else wanting one?

·
Registered
127 Posts
I finally received my order. I have had a couple people interested in my extras, anyone still want one? 5$ shipped to the lower 48.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'll take one, pm coming your way

·
Premium Member
402 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
is there a disadvantage to just clamping a hose on the stock one?

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hi guys. Well I finally did it: my axle vent kit. Hose barb, end filter, and 5 zip ties. You will need 3 or so feet of 1/4" tubing. It would have been too expensive to ship. I used clear tubing from the hardware store. Less than $1/ft. The end filter is a small engine fuel filter.
$10 shipped CONUS. PM or email me for questions or just paypal me at [email protected] with a note.
Trouble loading pic. Email me if you want one.
I have 5 sets made up.

is there a disadvantage to just clamping a hose on the stock one?
If you clamp it to the stock vent as is you still have the back pressure from the stock one way valve. You can bust off the check valve but then you only have a small nub which to clamp. Not very secure. I did it this way for a while with no issue though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts