Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an '04 Frontier, based on lots and lots of research, much of it off this great site here. I am brand spanky new so not sure where to post this, not allowed to post where I thought it should go. I do landscape and needed a tough little truck to haul around trailers full of stone and such. Was very impressed until my rear axle blew out. Now I have gotten ahold of what the parts guys (grumble, curse, smite) assured me was a matching c200 axle. Its not. I have custom fabbed the leaf spring mounts from under to over and am gonna get spacers to put the wheels back out at the 62.5" width they are supposed to be at. Looks like its a much older axle, maybe even mid 90's. (I dont wanna hear about what I should have bought, it's going in) So now its bolted up, the drive shaft is an inch and a half too long and I CANNOT find the 4"x2" old school style flange to mate up to the old driveshaft to the 'new 'rear axle. the u joints are the standard 1310 (?I think that's right) for both so if I can track down the smaller flange I can make it work. The parts guys and auto parts counter guys have, literally, no idea what I am talking about. This situation royally sucks as its not only my work truck but daily driver too. any advisement is greatly valued.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts