Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would a rear axle from a pro-4x (2015) have the same 3.36:1 ratio as my 2008 nismo? Have a line on one from a wrecker but the info they have is confusing and they are not willing to pull the diff cover to confirm.

Thanks
Jesse

·
Registered
549 Posts
The Manual's and Automatics are geared differently. I just had a look at this thread http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f62/what-axle-gears-do-i-have-my-2nd-gen-32992/ seems like they should be the same if its the same trans as yours. If push comes to shove you could just jack up the back end of the junkyard truck and count how many times the driveshaft goes around or try taking the VIN to a Nissan dealership to have them confirm the gear ratio. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: jjkroell

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the link! Not sure how I missed that on the search.
Called the stealership and of course 'they can't get that info off a VIN'.

Looks like it will be a matchfrom that post though, the wrecker confirmed the trannie was an auto.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Thanks for the link! Not sure how I missed that on the search.
Called the stealership and of course 'they can't get that info off a VIN'.

Looks like it will be a matchfrom that post though, the wrecker confirmed the trannie was an auto.

Thanks again.
Yeah the VIN apparently doesn't provide that info, from all the dealerships I've talked to. Weird. But yeah, if it's the same transmission the gears are indeed the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts