Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I have a UK Navara D40 which has covered 79K Miles, the ABS Warning Light has started to come on almost all the time, I think one of the wheel bearings is worn causing this, I am going to a garage later today to find out which wheel bearing it is by using their diagnostic tool, however in the UK it is not possible to buy the bearing on its own, you have to buy the entire haft shaft costing almost £500!! does anyone know what size/part number the bearing is?? I would then possibly be able to order this from a bearing supplier.

Thanks For any help....http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/images/smilies/new/hi.gif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the answer, the diagnostics show a fault code of C1115 ABS Sensor, I thought it was a rear bearing but it is indeed the driver side front bearing that is faulty with excessive play, im away to see if it is possible to adjust it.

Thanks Meantime.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
There is a guy that goes by the name JerseyParts that is a parts guy in New Jersey that may be able to help you out but idk about shipping from the US.

Also, Courtesyparts.com has a nice layout that you can drill down and see a quick image of what you are going to be buying. They are in Texax.

Lastly, thenismoshop.com has a similar set-up but may cost more since they are in California.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi there thanks for the info, ive now tracked down the bearing number for the hubs (Timken JRM4500-SC) and am trying to source the bearings as the cheapest i can obtain hubs in the uk is £360 + VAT £414.00 altogether, not ideal and i need 2, not sure if anyone has changed the bearings before, but it might be worth giving it a go,,

Cheers

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
in the US it is a sealed unit. Comes with a new sensor also, little persuasion and the unit comes right out. Then just clean the mating surfaces up. Thought about tearing one of the hubs apart, but haven't done it yet. I was thinking of drilling and installing 2 sensors to each front hub, and doing away with the rear abs, along with the stock axle.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interesting Idea, I think its a bit off that you cant buy the bearing without the entire housing, The bearings are listed but are not available, they must be manufacturer specific i think, waiting for new hub assemblies to appear , will be a job for the weekend.

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts